Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new motherboard

Options
  • 25-05-2012 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭

im looking to pick up a new mobo i use my pc for general gaming, but not looking for something mad expensive, any sugestions i have an i5 processor on am3 mobo at the moment but the board died, so if i could get an am3 agian its fine if not another board with a built in processor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

You will to give a bit more detail on the i5, what type/model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Sup08 wrote: »
    You will to give a bit more detail on the i5, what type/model.

not sure lol i know its a dual core intel but i dunno the model

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

i5 is intel am3 is amd so they dont work together either tell us the make and model of motherboard or cpu and we can try help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

If you have the i5 out of the MB you can google the codes on the top of it and it will give you the model.
    Either way you will have to take it out of the MB and look at the MB name. As above am3 is for AMD processors.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Moved to PC Building & Upgrading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

sorry someone said it was an i5, its actually an AMD Athlon X3 425 Triple Core 2.70GHz

Advertisement