Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What age would you like to live to?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

When I can no longer perform autofellatio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

My mother died of cancer when she was 36.
    I have always had it in my head that I will die then too.

that is sad to hear that she died so young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

When I can no longer perform autofellatio.

Can someone please tell me wtf this is?!!
    People keep saying it!
    I don't want to google coz it's a bit early to see what I assume I'd see if I googled!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

1200 months

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

Sauve wrote: »
    Whenever I can't wipe my own arse anymore.
    Then it's time.

This made me laugh so hard!! Hah, thanks for that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Chun Li

biko wrote: »
    I'm twenty-three now, but will I live to see twenty-four?
    The way things are going I don't know.

Far too dangerous in that Gangsta's paradise, get yourself outta there and you should be around a bit longer

Sauve wrote: »
    Whenever I can't wipe my own arse anymore.
    Then it's time.

:D
    Failing this theory, I don't think I'll ever want to die. I'll miss too much of the fun when I'm dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

People keep saying it!
    I don't want to google coz it's a bit early to see what I assume I'd see if I googled!

Well "fellatio" is the art of dick sucking, and "auto" means for something to do it itself, so I'd assume "autofellatio" is sucking your own dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

It's all about quality of life not quantity. As long as you have your health and you're mobile I'd like to live as long as possible.

My Grandfather at the moment is 83, mobile, mentally fit and a pleasure to be around. Certain things slow him down sure but I'd love it if he remains that way for him to still be alive in 20 years time. My Grandmother on the other hand is 75, has had a stroke has Parkinsons and basically bed ridden and in a home. She's better off to be honest. While it was tragic seeing her decline, you grow to accept it and just hope she doesn't suffer.

So if I turn out like my Grandad then I'll be delighted. We went to the pub last month which had a lock in and credit to him carried on drinking with me until half 3 in the morning! Legend :cool:. If I turn out like my Grandma and be like that at 75 I'd be asking for a one way plane ticket to Switzerland.

• Advertisement

Well "fellatio" is the art of dick sucking, and "auto" means for something to do it itself, so I'd assume "autofellatio" is sucking your own dick.

Oh ok!!
    I thought it was some sort of robot device or something!
    Thanks for the sex ed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

85 sounds good. As long as your health holds up. My Granny is 91 and her sister is 98 and their other sister died at 95, so I have good genes on one side of the family, I could make it. Long as you are mobile and independent and have a good attitude to life, you can live a great life at any age I think. My Granny has had a stroke but recovered very well from it. She still has a great interest in people and current affairs and knows everything going on in the country, so is living a great old age TG.

People keep saying it!

autofellatio. is the act of sucking oneself off. for the average male this is not possible due to the rib cage being in the way. However some people (gymnasts and people that have had the lower rib removed) can give themselves autofellatio.

it would appear Mickey Dazzler either had a rib removed or wears leotards and does gymnastics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Ideally up until my 80s, gives me a chance to carryout life plans and all that!

But depending on the circumstances i could die earlier...If i was put on a life support machine and there was no chance of survival or having a decent life after I wake up, then i say pull the plug, no matter what age i am.

If i showed signs of Alzheimer i dont think i could live with it at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Any age as long as I had my health (mental and physical). My grandfather was just about to turn 99 when he died, still had a sharp mind and retained good hearing and eyesight. He just looked like my father was left beside the fire too long and melted :pac:

I'll hire assassin's to burn my children's houses down if they put me in a home.

I would absolutely detest being bed-ridden, not a way I want to end my life. Nor if I get Alzheimer's I don't want to live long enough for it to turn me into a vegetable and put a strain on my family.

We took care of my grandmother who had Alzheimer's when I was growing up, she went from normal to a skeletal statue at the time of her death in the space of 4 years. Was a lot of work and money looking after her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

I'd say 45-50 would be enough for me. I'm 23 at the moment, and I don't really think I quite see the point in hanging around for the sake of hanging around.
    That's a typical young person's attitude. I was probably the same. But I'm 52 now and it's just fine. I've done it all several times and I could probably do most of it again but it's nicer just to sit here in the sunny garden and think about what to do next. Fill in the gaps as it were.

Getting old is a horrifying thought to young people but as you get there you start to enjoy as long as you have your health and thanks to three tablets a day I still have my health:rolleyes: But mainly I don't feel that different to when I was 23.

Don't be in any hurry to die, there's nothing on the other side. This is as good as it gets. My Mother is 85 now not as strong as she used to be but mostly hale and hearty. Enjoying her life and her grandkids. She's in no hurry to go. My Father died ages 66, 20 years ago. He missed out on a lot that has happened since, not least his 11 grandchildren.

Yes stick it out for as long as you can, you only get one shot at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
    When I'm 64?

kojack wrote: »
    When I'm 64?

you one of those fat birds from channel 4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I think I'll just try to hold on as long as I can :D My average life expectancy in Ireland is about 30 or so and I'd be delighted to get to 40 or 50, if I get beyond that I doubt I will have any quality of life at all so I'd rather not to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

kojack wrote: »
    When I'm 64?

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I want to be alive in 2021 as I predict by then the Bionics and Cloning industries will have been well established. It'll be plain sailing from there on in boys and girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even five hundred would be pretty nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

No. Maybe the one who likes shopping will though.

:eek:Me? Eh, I don't think so :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

mattjack wrote: »
    Sure they did, I read that there's a pig going round with a human heart in it too.

I really don't see what Mary Harney has to do with any of this.

:eek:Me? Eh, I don't think so :P

we have an arrangement made to snuff me out if i have a debilitating stroke or illness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Not sure, ask me again when I'm three hundred.

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Not sure, ask me again when I'm three hundred.

"Survival and bushcraft"

Hehehe! bushcraft!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I don't want to stick around for the time I inevitably become incontinent and have to wear a big nappy. You can shoot me out of a cannon clear into the Atlantic at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

"Survival and bushcraft"

Hehehe! bushcraft!! :)
    Its not what you think, we're actually designer landscape gardeners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

• Advertisement

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Its not what you think, we're actually designer landscape gardeners.

I know it's not - I clicked the link.
    It's all about self sufficiency etc...
    I just thought it was funny!
    Sweet maturity and all that! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Obviously people don't want to grow old, but if you didn't have to ( and future generations won't) what would you like to live to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Whatever age my mind goes and/or health deteriorates really drastically - could be 75, could be 90.
    My gran is 95 and can't do anything but sit down all day, my aunt has to do everything for her, and she can barely walk - if she falls she's fecked, bones like chalk. Wheelchair on the rare occasions she gets brought anywhere.
    I'm so glad she's still around but life must be pretty sucky for her. I wouldn't want it I don't think. I guess though, she's getting to see her great grandchildren, which is no doubt a huge comfort for her.

Dudess wrote: »
    I wouldn't want it I don't think. I guess though, she's getting to see her great grandchildren, which is no doubt a huge comfort for her.

if medical technology keeps expanding the at the rates it is going now you could live to see your great great grandkids

of course most of you by then will be artifical... but your quailty of life could be just as good as anyone in their 70's that is of course provided your brain holds out that long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

Wattle wrote: »
    I don't want to stick around for the time I inevitably become incontinent and have to wear a big nappy. You can shoot me out of a cannon clear into the Atlantic at that point.
    I'd pay to see that;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

What's the record for oldest person? That + 1 day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

miralize wrote: »
    What's the record for oldest person? That + 1 day
    +1 day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

xflyer wrote: »
    I'd pay to see that;)

Unless he's planning on leaving an inheritance, he'll be too dead to spend it.
    So he might as well do it for free.
    Or it could be a charity-drive!

"Wattle's Frantic Atlantic Suicide Dive Charity Drive"

Has a certain ring to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

As a non religious person who believes that this is our one and only stab at life (as appealing as the idea of heaven is, I'm not buying it!), I aim to live for as long as I can. There are so many things to do and see and experience, you could never do it all in one lifetime.. So there's no particular age that I'd go at, I never want to go! Maybe when I'm older and more mature I'll be able to accept death when it comes but nah, not now or any time in the next 50 years.. =P

Advertisement