Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking Permit question. [Urgent]

Options
  • 25-05-2012 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, need an answer asap, I have to go to Dublin city council tomorrow and I just read on back of parking permit application:

10. Residents of apartment blocks containing more than 4 housing units located in heavy demand zone are not eligible for residents permits.

What does that mean? Can I still get parking permit? I am located at:
    52 Mountjoy Square, Dublin 1. It's a huge apartment building, has parking inside but only for people who bought it, and has disc machine outside on street. Can I still get it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

I guess it depends on whether Mountjoy Square is a 'heavy demand zone' - I have a friend who was living on Mountjoy Square and got a permit, so maybe it's not counted as 'heavy demand' there, but you really should check with DCC

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

arleitiss wrote: »
    Hey, need an answer asap, I have to go to Dublin city council tomorrow and I just read on back of parking permit application:

10. Residents of apartment blocks containing more than 4 housing units located in heavy demand zone are not eligible for residents permits.

What does that mean? Can I still get parking permit? I am located at:
    52 Mountjoy Square, Dublin 1. It's a huge apartment building, has parking inside but only for people who bought it, and has disc machine outside on street. Can I still get it?

Hi, ive asked the relevant department in DCC for you, and according to your address of 52 Mountjoy Square, you are not entitled to a permit im afraid.

You can double check for yourself in The Civic Offices on Wodd Quay too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

****m I am pretty screwed for this then

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

arleitiss wrote: »
    It's a huge apartment building, has parking inside but only for people who bought it

Put up a few notices in the building - it's possible there are people in apartments with parking spaces who aren't using them, and they might be willing to rent one to you.

Advertisement