Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Fine for Killing 4 Pike

Options
  • 25-05-2012 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Cutting from this weeks ANGLO CELT. Many thanks to the ANGLO CELT for publicising the case
    poaching.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

If only Judge McBride could be allowed to hear all fishery cases in the State! Some of his colleagues on the bench are a disgrace...

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jkchambers

Zzippy wrote: »
    If only Judge McBride could be allowed to hear all fishery cases in the State! Some of his colleagues on the bench are a disgrace...
    Indeed ! He has said that he will jail poachers who are caught netting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Zzippy wrote: »

I am glad finally somebody agrees with me. I can never understand the puny fines that handed out to poachers (by poachers i mean people netting, pitch-forking, strokehauling etc, they are poachers, not the angler who does not have a pen to fill in his log book).
    The courts just do not seem to understand that poaching is ingrained in these people, it is in their blood, they believe it is in their lineage. So does a small puny fine do absolutely anything to prevent them from doing it again. No not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

got what he deserved

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mitchaul

good riddance to him, I just hope he's made to follow through and pay it :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭Fuseman

Delighted - Got what he deserved. I've heard Shannonbridge is destroyed with netting :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mitchaul

Fuseman wrote: »
    Delighted - Got what he deserved. I've heard Shannonbridge is destroyed with netting :-(

The real pisser about this is that it'll be a small group doing it and if we could have proper action/fines against them you'd probably wipe it out very quickly.

Nothing but contempt for these f*$kers.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jkchambers

Fuseman wrote: »
    My quote on Shannonbridge post
    "A 10 mile stretch of water here was the venue of the Final of the Kingspan National Pike Championships last Saturday. 54 of the countrys top pike anglers covered almost every inch of this water and no nets were reported and the catches were good."

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

delighted for the prick!!! should be deported aswell, should be photographed and made an example off!!! hate these tools!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pollagh prince

well done to the fisheries personnel who caught this goon! people here are very quick to criticise the fisherys, but not as quick to give them credit when a good job was done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Bout time someone done something bout them lot killin the pike pity its 8 years too late
    Judge mc bride for president :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Only way to get through to these people is hit them in the pocket..if they cant pay the fine they should be kicked out.

Advertisement