Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

photobox or bucket?

• 25-05-2012 8:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭

In your opinion which is better,Photobox or photobucket, All I want to do is upload my photos and allow access for others to view.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Flickr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

Flickr.
    Wah?

strandsman wrote: »
    Wah?

I don't know about Photobox, but Photobucket has a terrible interface and compresses images so they loose some quality.

Flickr is a good photo hosting service.

When you say allow access do you mean restricted access, with a password or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

Hi Kenny
    Ya, lets say i want a couple people to view pictures of a wedding for example, and i have pictures of holidays that i dont want those same people to view, but allow other people to view the hol pic, is that the way it works?

Photobox is really more aimed at buying things, rather than displaying photos.

I'd suggest Pix.ie.

• Advertisement

Photobox is really more aimed at buying things, rather than displaying photos.

I'd suggest Pix.ie.

Does Pix.ie have private/invite albums?

EDIT: You can invite contacts - http://pix.ie/help/photos#HowCanIShare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,113 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I have both Photobucket and Flickr accounts. I use Flicker as a public showcase and use Photobucket when I want to show images in forums or share privately with others.

Flicker is woeful for inserting links to images in forums. Photobucket is brilliant for this.

Photobucket lets you create albums with varied security settings. You can create a private album with a password that you can distribute to others that allows them to view the contents, but not alter them.

You can have a private album, post a link to a photo in it and that image will be viewable, but pruning the link back does not allow viewing of the rest of the album contents.

You can often tell when an image is photobucket hosted, the quality is dropped far enough to make it noticeable IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 sarah_mol

Yeah, I'd say flickr too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I think Dropbox allows you to share folders of photos using private links to nonmembers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

You can often tell when an image is photobucket hosted, the quality is dropped far enough to make it noticeable IMHO.
    Agreed , i've stopped using it for that reason .

Advertisement