Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigeons stripping plum tree leaves

Options
  • 25-05-2012 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

This is driving me demented ! - I have several fruit trees in the garden and every year, the pigeons attack my plum tree & strip the leaves completely. They leave all the other ones alone, just the plum tree.

Its not even as if its in fruit - just at new leaf growth stage & it looks like a skeleton tree !!

The tree is only 10ft tall, but netting isn't very practical - any ideas apart from sitting on a stool with a double barrel !!!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Try getting a plastic model of a hawk, the flat ones that kids run around with,if you can secure it just above the top of the tree(a garden bamboo, cable tied to the tree)should put the frighteners on them.

Advertisement