Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horses taken onto a crowded beach

Options
  • 25-05-2012 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Yesterday evening in Boatstrand a group of people took five or six horses onto the beach, which was packed with people. Parents were running off the beach with their kids to get away from the horses. One person rang the cops but the cops said because of the people involved (travelers) they could do nothing! It makes me pretty angry that nothing can be done to stop this happening, if i park a campervan in boatstrand the cops would be over in a flash to move me on, but i can run horses up and down a packed beach!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Yesterday evening in Boatstrand a group of people took five or six horses onto the beach, which was packed with people. Parents were running off the beach with their kids to get away from the horses. One person rang the cops but the cops said because of the people involved (travelers) they could do nothing! It makes me pretty angry that nothing can be done to stop this happening, if i park a campervan in boatstrand the cops would be over in a flash to move me on, but i can run horses up and down a packed beach!!!

No you can't run horses up and down a packed beach BUT these people can.

About 15 years ago, I had a motocross bike down the back strand on a deserted part too I might add at 7am so there was not a soul around. Had my bit of fun, did not damage anything only sand that would have been covered by the incoming tide. Low and behold when I was in car wash in a local petrol station in Tramore washing down the bike in comes the Gardai to give me major grief for being on the strand on the bike.

That sh~te sickens me that they expect some kind of special treatment and we as the other citizens of the country have to put up with their sh#te and accpet it because they are a "minority" or some kind of ehtnic group. F*ck off I say, they are Irish citizens and should be treated the same as everyone else. Rant over.

Advertisement