Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nail Polish Recommendation

• 25-05-2012 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I've been searching high and low for a nice opaque cream/pink/nude toned polish.

Not white / Not Pink, maybe a v pale pink couler that isn't really pink and also matt (very vague I know)

I've bought about 10 in the last few months (OPI / ESSIE ) but best has been an Essence one, but I know they are not great (v gloopy)so want a nice good one.

Any ideas? The ones I have from OPI / Essie are too "see-through" and take a good few coats and still not great. I have some white milk spots on nails and they don't cover them, but the essence one does in one coat!

Thanks for advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Barry M nail polishes are really good, with a top coat they will easily last a week, and are not too bad on the pocket either. I know there are a few paler pinks/peachys/pale purples and nude tones in the range so worth a look! Colours that come to mind are Peach Melba (which is lighter than it sounds!), French Polish (which is the pinky colour that would be used in a French manicure) and Nude (not sure if this is still available, haven't seen it in ages, but it's a kind of opaque colour that can be built up or left sheer on the nails). They have more pigmented nude(ish) colours too, like Mushroom, but these shades may be too dark for what you are looking for. Google and the "Nail Polish Thread" thread here are your best friend for finding colours that you like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I just got Essence polishes today. I never used them before and thought they were really great, especially considering how cheap they are. I got two colours from the Nude Glam collection - Cotton Candy and Iced Latte. Here's Cotton Candy:

7269628870_8247d4c677.jpg

Butter London has a gorgeous creamy white called Cream Tea. Pic from polishpolice.

5502860069_e29e5bafc1.jpg

Nails Inc Basil St is a nice, opaque nudey colour. Pic from nikkisnailcreations.

Nails+003.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Avon do a really nice nude colour called Perfectly Flesh. I find their polishes good quality and nice big bottles for the price. If you know any Avon reps I'd definitely recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Nails Inc have loads of really nice nude polishes. My favourite is Cromwell Road:

P1090967.JPG

It's better to try and get Nails Inc polish in shops like TK Maxx or online because they tend to be quite expensive in Boots etc.

Catrice and Essence do nice nude polishes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

China Glaze. Great range of colours, reasonable prices and very good quality polishes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Thanks a mil for the replies. Off to check out the nail polish thread (never thought of that!)

I have those essence iced latte and cotton candy. Only bought iced latte two days ago and very impressed so far. Opi topcoat and it's lasting well, 2 days so far!

Only problem with these shades is that I find you have to have some sort of tan on your hands

Advertisement