Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with eircom mail imap

• 25-05-2012 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi,
    Not sure where to post this but here goes:
    Getting error message when trying to send/receive mail as follows:
    Unable to send or receive messages for the Eircom (removed name) account. Header download for the 'Drafts' folder did not complete. The server has refused the connection.

Server Response: Cannot connect to IMAP server 159.134.198.135 (159.134.198.135:993), connect error 10060
    Server: 'mail1.eircom.net'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
    Protocol: IMAP
    Port: 143
    Secure(SSL): No

Running Windows Live Mail on Windows 7. I have two accounts setup one a gmail account and mail from an @eircom.net account. I have broadband with Vodafone.
    For gmail, incoming and outgoing servers are imap and smtp on gmail respectively.
    For eircom.net mail1.eircom.net and mail.iol.ie
    In the properties for eircom.net mail account, the imap tab, I have for example sent items path "Sent mail" while in the gmail account it's [Gmail]/Sent mail.

I am also getting occassional error message - the server refused the connection but not sure what causing that.

When I ping the eircom servers I do get a reply.
    I have an idea it's somethjing with my imap setup but I don't know enough to know what.
    Can anyone help?
    thanks
    Seesee

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Alun

telnetting to mail1.eircom.net on port 143 doesn't do anything, whereas doing the same to webmail.eircom.net elicits a response, so I think if you want to use eircom mail with IMAP you have to use webmail.eircom.net for the incoming server.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

that seems to have worked in that it downloaded a new mail that I had seen on the webmail into my live mail app. - thanks!

Advertisement