Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll call you back...

Options
  • 25-05-2012 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭

... and they never do.

I had this with 3 local businesses in recent times... and it certainly makes me wonder. "Struggling, recession, hard-times, people not spending their money" you hear these businesses say... and then they can't be arsed to fufill a simple promise such as a phone call.

One place in particular I was waving close to €2,000 in their face... and for some reason they seemed to want to treat me like a proper gob-shíte.

I don't get it... I really don't.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

haulage business in Enniscorthy this morning - I let the phone ring forever .- It just rang out . was later than 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Trevor Kent

Think we have all had this experience. Customer service is just not a strong point here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

It's total and utter bs.

The place I mention where I was trying to spend close to €2K... not only would they not ring when they said they would ring, they were actually treating my like a feckin gobshíte.

"Ah yeah, yer man never showed up for work today, I asked the manager, he said call back down tomorrow, he should be here"

"Why can't you or the manager help me?"

"Ah, we just can't"

This is after driving 20 miles to Wexford a few weeks ago to try to close a deal.

There's poor customer service and there's downright negligence.

Another place runs an ad on South-East radio... "call now for a quote".

So we call -

"Ya, I'll get back to you on that"

Never heard from them again.

Another place (circa €1200 transaction) -

Tuesday - "Ya, I'll call you back there tomorrow"

Wednesday passes

Thursday passes

Friday we ring them "Ya, no bother, just unloading a container now, will call you back tomorrow"

That was a week ago, still no return call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Blatant "I've got wads of cash" post. :p

Moneybags.

Loaded... to the point that I have a fiver for you here so you can go get yourself a few cheapo cans of lager ;)

Did I mention the time I went into Boggan's Boland's Ford dealership in Ardcavan... oooh... big bucks... and then did their best to get me to feck off somewhere else too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Loaded... to the point that I have a fiver for you here so you can go get yourself a few cheapo cans of lager ;)

Did I mention the time I went into Boggan's Ford dealership in Ardcavan... oooh... big bucks... and then did their best to get me to feck off somewhere else too.
    Na keep it and put it towards one of those expensive shirts;)

I have loads, don't need anymore ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I bought a TV a couple of years ago, here in Enniscorthy, and despite paying top price they were surprised when I complained to the man installing it that the stand was defective. No attempt was made to replace it, give me something off the price or apologise - end result I will never buy from them again. Customer service is something that is not a strong Irish tradition - ah shure it'll do! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I am all for shopping local but stories like this are just ridiculous. If I am getting poor service in a shop I will walk out, simple as that, and shop somewhere where my hard earned cash is appreciated!!! Good, polite efficient service is the least you expect nowadays considering all this companies are so hard up for business you would think they would work to try and get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

My wife has being trying to get electricity connected to a shop she is opening in town. We decided to go with Bord Gais. Every day for the last 2 weeks we've contacted them to see what stage the application is and each time our number was taken for a callback.

Obviously, I'm saying this because they never bothered calling back until I eventually happened across a very helpful lady called Catriona who DID call us back and sorted the problem. You knew the others were not going to call us back by the tone when they took our number

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Should appreciate the favour, never mind complaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

kneemos wrote: »
    Should appreciate the favour, never mind complaining.

Firstly, I have acknowledged the assistance that lady gave me. Secondly, it is no 'favour' for me to expect an end product when I try and give business to a company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Did I mention the time I went into Boggan's Ford dealership in Ardcavan... oooh... big bucks... and then did their best to get me to feck off somewhere else too.

Seeing as Boggans sell Toyota's and they're located beside the racecourse, it's no wonder they told you to feck off! :p

oldyouth wrote: »
    Firstly, I have acknowledged the assistance that lady gave me. Secondly, it is no 'favour' for me to expect an end product when I try and give business to a company.

Just passinh comment on the general attitude of some (or most) traders that they are doing you a favour.Probably laugh if you mentioned customer service. Two shops with great service are Smyths Hardware and Kennys bikes.

Seeing as Boggans sell Toyota's and they're located beside the racecourse, it's no wonder they told you to feck off!

I didn't say they told me to feck off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 here_goes

Boggans ford in Ardcavan????

Doesn't seems like you have your facts right there chief???

Doesn't seems like you have your facts right there chief???

Well spotted there pal... but you were beaten to it in post #16.

Ford Dealer + Ardcavan... free weekend for two for the first person who guesses who I actually meant.

Well spotted there pal... but you were beaten to it in post #16.

Ford Dealer + Ardcavan... free weekend for two for the first person who guesses who I actually meant.

Got treated the same in both.Boggans and Bolands.

• Advertisement

Aye... (disclaimer: in my opinion) depreciation on used car trade-ins in Boland's seems to be calculated as industry average + an additional 25%. My experience was - shít price for trade-in, plus shít price for car I was interested in, plus slightly aggressive and insulting sales tactics. Just very unpleasant, would never go back there.

BTW: Well done Kneemos... the free weekend is yours. It's a tour of where you can buy cheap lager in Wexford. Contact TheChevron for more details as well as your accomodation arrangements.

Aye... (disclaimer: in my opinion) depreciation on used car trade-ins in Boland's seems to be calculated as industry average + an additional 25%. My experience was - shít price for trade-in, plus shít price for car I was interested in, plus slightly aggressive and insulting sales tactics. Just very unpleasant, would never go back there.

BTW: Well done Kneemos... the free weekend is yours. It's a tour of where you can buy cheap lager in Wexford. Contact TheChevron for more details as well as your accomodation arrangements.

CHEERS DUDE.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭hop2it

Another place runs an ad on South-East radio... "call now for a quote".

So we call -

"Ya, I'll get back to you on that"

Never heard from them again.

would that be sh---it insurance company i had the same problem with them they would post me out flyers and renewels but return a phone call not a hope in hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Can I suggest that if people have a bad CS experience they come out and name the offender. No sense in saying you were badly treated by X haulage company or Y electrical shop, we want to know who they are so we can avoid them. Also let them know you are not happy and that you are going to spread it about, that's what will make them improve. I'm a great believer in complaining loudly.

Can I suggest that if people have a bad CS experience they come out and name the offender.

I'll get back to you on that :pac:

Advertisement