Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4S getting very hot when charging

• 25-05-2012 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

For the last week or so I have noticed that my 4S is getting very hot when charging, the back is sometimes so hot that you can't touch it for very long. Im worried that stuff is getting fried in there, iPhone is just over 6 months old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    For the last week or so I have noticed that my 4S is getting very hot when charging, the back is sometimes so hot that you can't touch it for very long. Im worried that stuff is getting fried in there, iPhone is just over 6 months old.

sounds faulty, mine never heats up

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Are you using it while it's charging?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Bring the iPhone back to where it was purchased, you are well within the 12 month warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Same thing happened to mine, Got it back from apple yesterday and it's happening again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Are you using it while it's charging?

I do use it while it's charging, but I always have so there's no difference there, if it was an issue of my using it then I am sure that it would have been heating up all along. I will have to email three, bought it off them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Happens to mine when I'm using any internet heavy apps, email, facebook, you tube. Doesn't seem to happen as much over wifi, only with 3G and I'm with emobile if thats of any help.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I usually charge via my computer, but anytime I've charged using the mains I've found it gets pretty warm, especially if I'm using it. But if you think it's abnormally hot then you should get it checked out.

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Happens to mine when I'm using any internet heavy apps, email, facebook, you tube. Doesn't seem to happen as much over wifi, only with 3G and I'm with emobile if thats of any help.

I use mine as a hotspot, it is my only source of internet, I use it daily, I was using the internet this morning on my laptop with my iPhone plugged into it and it was absolutely roasting, I actually had to hold it around the edges. I will get on to three and see what they say. Have also noticed that the battery life is a bit rubbish lately too...

Have you always used it as a hotspot? Because I'd be inclined to attribute the heat and battery issues to that.

Have you always used it as a hotspot? Because I'd be inclined to attribute the heat and battery issues to that.

Yup since the day I got it, these issues have only started now though, it is always plugged into the laptop to keep it charged while I do it. Strange that it has only started happening now if it is due to the hotspot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 James Doyle123

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Yup since the day I got it, these issues have only started now though, it is always plugged into the laptop to keep it charged while I do it. Strange that it has only started happening now if it is due to the hotspot.

Seems to me that you are using it a lot for a lot of diffeerant things but I was always told not to use a device while its on charge as this will affect its charge time and also take longer to charge, also it will damage the batttery hence your finding the battery getting worse,

charging by usb is a lot slower than a mains charger so seeing as it takes longer it makes sense to assume it will get hotter,

If you have any issue send it back thats what warranty is for and if you cant live without apple provide replacement phone ask them about when you call

Advertisement