Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bbay's first holiday

Options
  • 25-05-2012 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭

We're getting a little ahead of ourselves but thinking about a holiday for when baby is three/fours months old, so around Sept/Oct (due baby very soon!). We're just wondering if there are any suggestions, we're not major sun holiday people but its hard to resist the lure of a week in a nice apartment in the sun. We'd usually do a drive and explore holiday, would this be too much hassle with a small baby worrying about the car seat times etc? Or would a trip to north of France on the ferry be better than airports? Any ideas welcome!

edit-Should of course be Baby's first holiday!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

lazygal wrote: »
    We're getting a little ahead of ourselves but thinking about a holiday for when baby is three/fours months old, so around Sept/Oct (due baby very soon!). We're just wondering if there are any suggestions, we're not major sun holiday people but its hard to resist the lure of a week in a nice apartment in the sun. We'd usually do a drive and explore holiday, would this be too much hassle with a small baby worrying about the car seat times etc? Or would a trip to north of France on the ferry be better than airports? Any ideas welcome!

edit-Should of course be Baby's first holiday!

Firstly congrats!!!!

We brought our baba on hols just there and she's now just 14&1/2 weeks - was 12 weeks going! Sun hol in Portugal - well worth it, but after experiencing it I would say the following ;
    - airport grand once ur organized!! Calpol before flight to prevent pain in ears and we were laughing!!
    - don't do drive around - my opinion is it was enough to change location once! Remember u will be bound by the same routine of feeding - winding - playing - sleeping every 3-4 hrs as when ur at home! Some days if her tummy playing up at home I barely get chance to clean kitchen never mind sight see!!
    - big plus for me was I got an hr or 2 (only and did well!) out in sun as there were 2 of us there to mind her!
    - Portugal very child friendly - all restaurants v happy to see u. We found lunches out rather than dinners worked for us as she would nap around lunch time and not in eve - tried once and way too stressful! Ended up having both meals in most days.
    - sterilizer bags are fab!!
    - temp varied from 42 to 16 degrees so hid inside - air con a must!!!
    - she wore just nappy or vest during day so no need for lots of clothes!!

I'd do it all again - but expect to be apartment bound for most part of day if baby any way fussy!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I brought my 1st for France for a month in a mobile home when she was 4 months. It was relaxed and say.
    When she was 16 months we went for 2 weeks in Lanzarotte and it was fine, I was pregnant again so was very sick but having the pool for her and entertainment onsite was great.
    This year we are Going to Spain,I would not put car seats in the hold on a plane and would not be a fan of hiring a at with them either so bus transfers are a must or else we drive ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I brought my son to the south of France last August when he was 6 months and he loved it. No problems with being too hot or dehydration etc. I agree with keeping your days simple and following your normal routine but your little one will probably live the heat and sleep much more than at home.

Advertisement