Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a good brand of PSU ??

Options
  • 25-05-2012 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

ok i had a psu ordered but its on back order for a month so i cancelled the order and i need to find another one now , whats a good brand ??

heres what they recommended, he said seasonic are a good brand and that they have one on the shelf , also said they had coolermaster and bequiet available , are any of these good PSU's

would like it to be fully modular ??

heres what they sell

Antec
    thermaltake
    Silverstone
    XFX
    Coolermaster
    Corsair
    Bequiet
    Seasonic
    OCZ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I've bought a few Corsair ones. Never had an issue. Always solid build and reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Super-flower, Corsair, Seasonic, XFX would be the main ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Have you got any links for the psu's you are looking at or where you are buying your psu from .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

was looking for at least 850w

originally was looking at an XFX 1000w

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

I also recommend Corsair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

one thing guys i need a PSU with long leads if possible as the case is fairly big

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Something like this maybe? You can probably get it cheaper on other sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Antec - Mostly yes - higher end ones are fine, high current gamer ones are cheap and fairly good (made by seasonic)
    thermaltake - Not the best brand to go for, a lot of duds in their lineup
    Silverstone - Mostly good and reliable, just check first
    XFX - Pretty reliable, Seasonic PSUs. Heard plenty of complaints about the company though. They also re-released their 450W and 550W models so they're not the ones reviewed.
    Coolermaster - Don't get any of their cheap ones, they're not good. Their higher ranges are good.
    Corsair - I'd avoid their CX series unless nothing else is available. Good brand, in general.
    Bequiet - Mostly good in recent years, not good in the past. Check model numbers
    Seasonic - Any modern ones are good. Sometimes a little dear considering that you can buy nearly the exact same PSU rebranded under another company.
    OCZ - New ones are good, but they've had a few sub-par ones in the past. ZS and ZX series have good reviews.

Check the guide in my signature and always look up any model in the review database.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Advertisement