Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What the HELL happened at the forty foot last night?! (Sandycove)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

one scumbag does not a summer make
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

rubadub wrote: »
    You did see the word majority? I would expect any scumbags in any area to tend to move away when drinking, in case mammy catches them.

What this 'roight loike' comment, are you being sarcastic and inferring it is full of scumbags, or the opposite?

Some people seem to have this weird black & white notion that you must either be 'posh' or a 'scumbag'.

i did see the word majority. the pot i quoted, and a few more before came across to me in the context of locals distancing themselves from the fight and quickly point the finger at rival gangs.
    my roight loike comment was sarcastic your correct, as alot of people in the area would imagine themselves as the polar opposite of "scum"
    and these people you talk about who have black and white notions about social status, well, i hope you are not inferring I am one of them, or maybe your a super brain who can decipher my thinkings on class ranks from 1 post.
    anyway before you ask i live in Cherrywood so SC is only up the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Possibly some of them were fishing and had knifes for that? See plenty of that sort go fishing and drinking regularly in DL / Sandycove...

Yeah, you see these groups on DL pier fishing most sunny weekends. I think the DART providing ease of access is the reason. I doubt many would drive/walk/cycle.
    When the luas was extended out to Bridesglen running through stepaside area, we all got notices in the door warning that the local gardai expected an increase in anti-social behaviour and burglaries as a result of the luas extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

100gSoma wrote: »
    When the luas was extended out to Bridesglen running through stepaside area, we all got notices in the door warning that the local gardai expected an increase in anti-social behaviour and burglaries as a result of the luas extension.

Notices from who?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

ted1 wrote: »
    My wife grew up in sanycove and we've plenty of friends who live there, I can honestly say i've never seen anyone from Sandycove fight, expecially with knifes and bottles.

what is with no "o" in your words, are you trying to make a point?

I honestly think its hillarous the way you stick an "o" in a word and think you can say anything as if it's factual. you try to make it like its derogatory.

what is derogatory, is not having a proper education, covering yourself in Tattoos, wearing a football jersey and not being able to have day out with running a muck.

I think you'll find that likening people with tattoos to people that fight stab and drink in public is also very derogatory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

Notices from who?

Crackpots I'm guessing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Not necessarily M. I read somewhere before that increases in crime following on the heels of better commuter access was a known phenomenon. Can't recall the level of increase but it was an increase.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Wibbs wrote: »
    Not necessarily M. I read somewhere before that increases in crime following on the heels of better commuter access was a known phenomenon. Can't recall the level of increase but it was an increase.

The reason for my question was to explore what person or organisation would have put such a warning in writing to residents. It seems unlikely to me that the Gardai would have done this.

Advertisement