Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In-Ceiling speaker question

• 25-05-2012 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I've just moved into a new apartment...it comes with brackets and wiring installed for in-ceiling speakers. Now I've never had any before and don't know much about it...but the width of the bracket is 57 mm and it's depth is 32 mm...but there doesn't seem to be any speakers that would fit that? I asked the owner but they didn't know much about it. Can anyone help does the in ceiling speakers have to match the dimensions of the bracket exactly?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,122 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Can you provide pics. This doesn't seem to make much sense. in-ceiling usually means a round hole of at least 100mm. 57mm is tiny in speaker terms and doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Holes for low voltage down-lighters maybe ? 57mm is way too small for a practical speaker enclosure.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Barlett

Sorry for the delay guys, here are the sockets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Hifi Keith

They are most certainly power cables rather than speaker cable. Smarthomes often used those dummy points to mark where the speakers could go but unless they were 100v line speakers not sure why you'd ever wire like that.

May be a correct assumption that they are wired to add extra downlighters. You could use the wires for speakers if you wished and increase the hole size depending on where the wiring goes back to

Advertisement