Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Members?

Options
  • 25-05-2012 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi all

Have been thinking about making the move to Oz. Worked there previously in construction and given the state of things here was going to apply for some of the many jobs going.

However I'm not married and was wondering would my partner of 14 years be covered on my visa?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

youknowwho wrote: »
    Hi all

Have been thinking about making the move to Oz. Worked there previously in construction and given the state of things here was going to apply for some of the many jobs going.

However I'm not married and was wondering would my partner of 14 years be covered on my visa?

Thanks in advance
    What visa are you going for? Your partner would be able to go defacto and your visa no problem..after 14 years you should have enough evidence for this. whats your qualifications?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

Thanks for the reply A

From memory the jobs I've been looking at mention a 457 Visa. I was thinking of working in the mining or construction sectors as I'm a contracts administrator / claims consultant. If we go thought it would be to stay so I'd be looking to acquire residency after time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

IF you were able to get a 457 visa then she could be included as a de facto partner.
    However, thats IF you can get one. It's not a case of simply asking for one as it is with working holiday visas.

Advertisement