Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camera help pls

• 25-05-2012 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭

folks i am in need of a camera, something that i know no nothing about, the main requirement is the macro function, i need to take pics of jewellery and watches, new or used, i have 100 to spend, at the mo, hopefully i may be able to streatch a little more. bricks and mortar or the web,thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

flutered wrote: »
    folks i am in need of a camera, something that i know no nothing about, the main requirement is the macro function, i need to take pics of jewellery and watches, new or used, i have 100 to spend, at the mo, hopefully i may be able to streatch a little more. bricks and mortar or the web,thanks in advance.

Wrong forum methinks, best off trying the Photography forum!

If you are looking for brick and mortor in Limerick, Newmans, O'Connors and Whelans are the three camera stores, Based on Chapel Lane/Cruises St. - William St, and O'Connell St. respectively.

For that money, you will be looking at a mid-level Point and shoot, I'm sure some of the Nikon Coolpix most likely have that feature, mine is actually dead atm, so I can't check it. But if you ask in those stores they could point you in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

The Snipe wrote: »
    For that money, you will be looking at a mid-level Point and shoot, I'm sure some of the Nikon Coolpix most likely have that feature, mine is actually dead atm, so I can't check it. But if you ask in those stores they could point you in the right direction.

Argos have a couple of Nikon Coolpix cameras for under €100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

If you can squeeze your budget and add an extra 50 or 60 quid to it, then something like the Fujifilm FinePix S2980 would do the job.

It is a decent bridge camera, and like most of the fujifilm range it is very easy to use, and makes for a good all rounder.

One of the electronic stores have it on special this week, but I cannot remember if it was in Soundstore or in Harvey Norman that I saw that as I was in both earlier this week. Have a feeling it was in HN as I was in there for a bit playing with a Canon EOS.

Advertisement