Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Table Quiz in aid of the Bilberry Goats Heritage Trust - Tuesday May 29th 9:00pm

Options
  • 25-05-2012 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm helping to organise a table quiz to raise some money for the Bilberry Goats Heritage Trust. It's on in The Showboat next Tuesday, May 29th, at 9:00pm.

For those of you who don't know anything about these goats, they're the only wild goat herd in Europe and reside on Bilberrry Rock. Their general story can be found on this website.

There are a number of volunteers who look after the herd but there are costs, such as veterinary care, associated with this.

This quiz will hopefully raise some much-needed money to assist with this effort. The cost is €20 for a table of four. There will be prizes for the winners and runners-up.

We will also be holding a raffle on the night so if anyone would like to donate an item or service as a prize, it would be gratefully received.

Even if you can't make it, you might spread the word via Facebook etc.. Thanks for reading and I hope as many of you as possible come along to support this very worthy cause.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think I'm in Dublin for the day, but should be down for the night for this. Looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

AdMMM wrote: »
    I think I'm in Dublin for the day, but should be down for the night for this. Looking forward to it :)

Good stuff Adam. Looking forward to it myself. Been a while since I was at a quiz.

The questions are being done by someone who runs quizzes for The Showboat. I was at one before and they were a nice standard - not too difficult but not simple either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

How many goats are in the herd now?

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    How many goats are in the herd now?

It's currently in and around the 65-70 mark, as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

I'm brutal at quizzes but ill pop down for a bit to show my support.

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    It's currently in and around the 65-70 mark, as far as I know.

That's a fairly good number since there was only 7 in 2000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I might just round up a team for the quiz myself! I find the Bilberry Goats story weirdly fascinating. The morning my son was born (a year ago on Sunday :D) I left Ardkeen around 6am to go home for some shut eye, driving by Bilberry completely ecstatic but knackered tired I came across the whole herd strolling along the road. Freaked me out but slowed down and watched them go by in a trance! Thought I was seeing things! Couldn't believe there was so many of them!

I'm brutal at quizzes but ill pop down for a bit to show my support.

Thanks brad. It's not really about the quiz, as you've basically just said!
    Finnbar01 wrote: »
    That's a fairly good number since there was only 7 in 2000.

Yeah they've come on brilliantly thanks to the work put in by the volunteers.
    Jason Todd wrote: »
    I might just round up a team for the quiz myself! I find the Bilberry Goats story weirdly fascinating. The morning my son was born (a year ago on Sunday :D) I left Ardkeen around 6am to go home for some shut eye, driving by Bilberry completely ecstatic but knackered tired I came across the whole herd strolling along the road. Freaked me out but slowed down and watched them go by in a trance! Thought I was seeing things! Couldn't believe there was so many of them!

Hope you can get a team together and come along. Theirs is a fascinating story and they are fascinating animals. Even if you can't get a team together, come along anyway, I'm sure we'll fit you in somewhere.

Just going to bump this in case some people might not have seen it.

It should be a lot of fun and is in aid of a good cause so if you can come along at all, please do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I would love to have put a team in Nkay. But as Ya know I'm all stations go at the moment. If anything else is organised let us know.

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    I would love to have put a team in Nkay. But as Ya know I'm all stations go at the moment. If anything else is organised let us know.

No bother Matt. Pass on the word to your friends sure and some of them might be interested.

No bother Matt. Pass on the word to your friends sure and some of them might be interested.

Low blow, everyone knows moderators dont have friends.

Right lads, one more reminder.

This event is taking place tonight at 9pm in The Showboat. €5 per head with all proceeds going to the Bilberry Goats Heritage Trust.

Hope to see you there.

Hey lads. Sorry didnt get down Had a late one last night and when I went to go down I was half asleep on the bike so thought it be better to turn back lol.
    Hope loads of people turn up lads and ye have a great night.

Hey lads. Sorry didnt get down Had a late one last night and when I went to go down I was half asleep on the bike so thought it be better to turn back lol.
    Hope loads of people turn up lads and ye have a great night.

No problem brad.

Home from the quiz a little while ago. I think a great night was had by all and a lot of money was raised for a very good cause - in the region of €750. Not sure if any Boardsies besides Admmm came along but, if you did, I'd love to hear what you thought of it.

Thanks very much to anyone reading this who contributed in any way. I thoroughly enjoyed the night and appreciate the support from the people of Waterford.

No problem brad.

Home from the quiz a little while ago. I think a great night was had by all and a lot of money was raised for a very good cause - in the region of €750. Not sure if any Boardsies besides Admmm came along but, if you did, I'd love to hear what you thought of it.

Thanks very much to anyone reading this who contributed in any way. I thoroughly enjoyed the night and appreciate the support from the people of Waterford.
    That's a nice amount man. Fair play to the lot of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Had a very enjoyable night. Went out in the tiebreaker. Some 8 teams got 60/60!

AdMMM wrote: »
    Had a very enjoyable night. Went out in the tiebreaker. Some 8 teams got 60/60!

Did you get a claim?

Advertisement