Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

36 Crazyfists appreciation thread

Options
  • 25-05-2012 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

What with their announcement of recording a new album this year, albeit without drummen Thomas Noonan.

I thought I'd start a thread, hoping to get a discussion going on this great band. I listened to their entire back catalogue while studying the other night and I thought to myself; they have some fantastic material.

Anyone else share these opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

He's a great drummer, master of the fills. That's a shame. It always takes them way too long to record an album. I'd be suprised if we get to hear anything before the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

Great band. Utterly under rated (at least in my opinion). Nice guys too, met them when the played Temple Bar a few years ago. "The Tide and its Takers" didn't click with me for what ever musically aesthetic reasons so i am excited to hear some new material.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Absolute gem of a band. "Rest Inside the Flames" is up there with the classics for me, but the rest of their catalogue is full of great tunes. Would they play Ireland on any sort of a regular basis? I'd definitely head along to a show if they came.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    Absolute gem of a band. "Rest Inside the Flames" is up there with the classics for me, but the rest of their catalogue is full of great tunes. Would they play Ireland on any sort of a regular basis? I'd definitely head along to a show if they came.

I remember hearing they played TBMC few years back and it was just after i started to get into the band ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Nah they don't really play here. There was someone trying to bring them over on their last tour of the UK, which was like 20 dates long. They clearly didn't succeed, but i'd say they'll be here on this album. Hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

Nah they don't really play here. There was someone trying to bring them over on their last tour of the UK, which was like 20 dates long. They clearly didn't succeed, but i'd say they'll be here on this album. Hopefully.

I'd definitely be there if they come anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I only know their song Bloodwork

What's the rest of their stuff like in comparison and if someone was to pick up an album or two where would be a good place to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

Malice wrote: »

What's the rest of their stuff like in comparison and if someone was to pick up an album or two where would be a good place to start?

Well, Bloodwork is from the allbum - A Snow Capped Romance, so that's worth checking out.
    My favourite albums from 36CF are; Rest Inside the Flames and Bitterness the Star. Both great imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Malice wrote: »

Likewise, I know Bloodwork, go until my heart stops and Slit wrist theory... Should realy check out a whole album :o

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Rest Inside the Flames is their crowning achievement in my opinion, well worth checking out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement