Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help regarding Adare Traffic

• 25-05-2012 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭

We are heading to Woodlands hotel in Adare this evening, and I believe the road leading to Adare can be very heavy with traffic, and have massive tailbacks on the N21.. what time would the worst of the traffic been gone through Adare, if we are coming along by 8:30pm this evening, would we get held up for long??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Libby029 wrote: »
    We are heading to Woodlands hotel in Adare this evening, and I believe the road leading to Adare can be very heavy with traffic, and have massive tailbacks on the N21.. what time would the worst of the traffic been gone through Adare, if we are coming along by 8:30pm this evening, would we get held up for long??

Adare is bad around the 4pm to 6pm mark, and usually worse on Fridays. You definitly won't be held up at that (8:30pm) time of the day. (Unless due to unforseen circumstances like an accident or something)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Here's a trick for you to avoid it.

Heading out of Limerick on the M20/M21/22 take the Cork exit and then the exit for at the Croom Flyover. Headover the flyover and basically follow that road the whole way until you meet the entrance of the woodlands on the left.

Normally you see the traffic going into Adare picks up from 4pm onwards and stays that way till well after 6pm and sometimes can stretch as far back as the end/start of the Motorway so thats one way around it.

OR even though I prefer my other suggestion

Exit at Patrickswell, through village, straight on(fork right at the petrol station) which brings you along the original road to Adare, cross over bridge and take the first right, this brings you out about 200mtrs before the roundabout(turning for Woodlands)

EDIT I wasn't sure whether you meant you are heading to Adare or heading away around 8:30pm. Anyway at 8:30pm there will be little to no traffic to speak of.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 KIKAM

Traffic shouldnt be bad at that time, but seeing as the weather is sooo good, You could take the N69 Askeaton road and turn left at the Ferrybridge and follow the signs for Adare. brings you to the roundabout before Adare, straight through the roundabout and your at the Woodslands just 1/2 mile on the right hand side.
    Hope this helps :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Libby029

HI all,

thanks a million for your quick responses, I think we will stay on the main road, if the traffic is going to be after quietening down by the time we get along there.

Thanks all, and enjoy the good weather.

Advertisement