Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

False Accusations

• 25-05-2012 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi All,

I hope to keep this as brief as possible.

A good friend of mine has been suffering a barrage of false accusations
    and court appearances for a number of years from a now ex-wife.

it all started when he was thrown out of the house and shortly found out
    that his missus at the time was playing away from home.

he is still out of the house with a barring order on the house.

he does not see his children as we believe the mother has them brainwashed.
    he has their mobile numbers but they do not answer calls from him.

the latest court appearance will see him accused of what may be the cause of one of his children trying to commit suicide after a conversation he was supposed to have had with her. the mother has a hospital report so hard evidence [of some sort] can be furnished. . .? so he is worried what his daughter may have been schooled/threatened/coerced to say against him. the child is between 16 and 19 years of age.

he has been unemployed and has free legal aid... which are useless but he cannot affort to pay for representation.

example: with the last accusation, in court the ex-wife falsely stated claims against him from a notebook which she held in court and under oath with alleged dates and earnings . . . the judge took it for granted after my friend had only his word to defend himself that the false claims were true and ordered him to pay more maintenance . . .after she placed the notebook back in her handbag!

my question is: if accusations are made of these conversations he had with his child what defense does he have?

oh and to add - the local gadai know of her false accusations against other immediate members of her family and community members! FACT - i know this is kind of vague - apologies in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

He has legal aid but thinks that's no good, yet would like some advice from randomers on the Internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 808SOS

He has legal aid but thinks that's no good, yet would like some advice from randomers on the Internet?

thanks johnny for taking approximately 20 seconds to comment.

to answer your question - yes

this is my idea, not his!

i posted this in the hope that someone else has maybe
    gone through a similar experience and could give a few
    pointers as to what happens.

if his free legal aid representative had answers or advice or a course of
    action or whatever for him, do you think I would have resorted to posting this out of pure frustration listening to the scenario that is unfolding for him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭James Jones

A Legal Aid solicitor might have limited experience of such matters whereas a randomer on the internet might direct you HERE, HERE and HERE.

False allegations are quite common in Family Law Proceedings.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

808SOS wrote: »

thanks johnny for taking approximately 20 seconds to comment.

to answer your question - yes

this is my idea, not his!

i posted this in the hope that someone else has maybe
    gone through a similar experience and could give a few
    pointers as to what happens.

if his free legal aid representative had answers or advice or a course of
    action or whatever for him, do you think I would have resorted to posting this out of pure frustration listening to the scenario that is unfolding for him?

Oh, sorry, I thought you were doing the old "my friend" routine.

If you're friend says that his solicitor is useless it is perhaps because he really is a neglectful and/or abusive father and is dissappointed that his solicitor cannot manufacture a defence for him.

My advice is to stay well away from this guy and don't try to offer him any advice because if he tries to lie and gets caught out by the judge, he will probably try to blame you when it goes pear shaped. Bear in mind that he will obviously tell you a one sided view of it and so any advice you give him might not be based on the full facts. This is why it is important for him to engage with his solicitor.

Alternatively, you could sit him down and have a frank discussion about how to be a more responsible parent.

A Legal Aid solicitor might have limited experience of such matters whereas a randomer on the internet might direct you HERE, HERE and HERE.

False allegations are quite common in Family Law Proceedings.

Good idea. He should dispense with his professionally qualified and insured legal adviser and rock into court with a few parliamentary questions which received some fairly vague answers. That'll keep him right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 808SOS

Oh, sorry, I thought you were doing the old "my friend" routine.

If you're friend says that his solicitor is useless it is perhaps because he really is a neglectful and/or abusive father and is dissappointed that his solicitor cannot manufacture a defence for him.

My advice is to stay well away from this guy and don't try to offer him any advice because if he tries to lie and gets caught out by the judge, he will probably try to blame you when it goes pear shaped. Bear in mind that he will obviously tell you a one sided view of it and so any advice you give him might not be based on the full facts. This is why it is important for him to engage with his solicitor.

Alternatively, you could sit him down and have a frank discussion about how to be a more responsible parent.

thanks will do ! :rolleyes:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Good idea. He should dispense with his professionally qualified and insured legal adviser and rock into court with a few parliamentary questions which received some fairly vague answers. That'll keep him right.

Not exactly what he said....but dont let that stop you ;)

castie wrote: »

Not exactly what he said....but dont let that stop you ;)

It pretty much was when he said that a legal aid solicitor might have limited experience but an Internet randomer could provide 3 links, which are not very helpful. This was a response to my assertion that the qualified lawyer would know more than an Internet randomer.

Advertisement