Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

memorial plaque vandalised

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Ah jaysus, it wasn't like this in my day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

houseplant wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0525/garda-gary-mcloughlin-plaque-vandalised.html

Just lost for words on this one. What kind of inbred, dole scrounging scumbag contemplates this? I think we've hit a new low.

How do you know the people who did this were on the dole or do you like generalising 40000 thousand plus people :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0525/garda-gary-mcloughlin-plaque-vandalised.html

Just lost for words on this one. What kind of inbred, dole scrounging scumbag contemplates this? I think we've hit a new low.

the sad thing about that is if the people responsible get caught... they get off with a suspended sentence.

i really wish the government would abolish suspended sentences and keep the scum locked up like they should be.

the criminal dont fear the law here cos they know they will get off with a feckin suspended sentence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

You'd have to be a right scumbag to go and do something as callous as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

realies wrote: »
    How do you know the people who did this were on the dole or do you like generalising 40000 thousand plus people :confused:

Will you read the OP's comments in context, for ****'s sake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

Ah come on, lets call a spade, a spade, there is a high chance the person that did this, is on the dole :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

The small granite plaque was broken and a piece of it was placed on the bonnet of a car owned by a brother of the late garda's girlfriend

sounds personal ^^^

anyways hope they catch the scum who did this and OP take it easy on the unemployed ffs nobody knows who did it yet, maybe it was one of the scumbags who go to work monday to friday and get pissed on a saturady night and act the bollix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No worries, I'm sure anyone stupid enough to do something like this has already bragged about it all over town.
    It's just a waiting game before one of his mates informs the gardai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

The government would love you, its 400,000 on the dole, not 40,000 ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

The government would love you, its 400,000 on the dole, not 40,000 ;-)

Ah but he originally said "40,000 thousand". So it's actually 40,000,000 people. Unemployment in Ireland is in a much worse place than originally feared :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

i think it is quite obvious who is responsible for this, for anyone who knows the backstory.
    And if i can put 2 and 2 together 5000 miles away, id hope that the gardai in letterkenny have the abacus out and are ready to crack some skulls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I was more pissed off that the guy that killed the guard was in an open detention center
    WTF
    I feel bad for the family. I hope the guards look into any fights that the brother got into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Still a stupid and unnecessary adjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

What was the vandal hoping to achieve by doing this?
    Probably a knuckle dragging ape with no intelligence & no hope of a future. Basically the kind of person society is better off without.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Confab wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, it wasn't like this in my day.

Yes it was. Scum are scum, always was scum, doesnt matter what year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

inmyday wrote: »
    Yes it was. Scum are scum, always was scum, doesn't matter what year!

I think he/she was being sarcastic ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭houseplant

Dudess wrote: »
    Still a stupid and unnecessary adjective.
    In your opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Who gives a toss about the dole comment? Its been taken out of context far too much lately, i wish people werent so sensitive over it.

Also this country seems to hit a new low every week, i just stopped caring a long time ago.

Finally: Isnt it like 25 degrees in Ireland right now? Everyone go outside and stop whinging or ill bate ya! :mad:

In your opinion
    What's not stupid and unnecessary about it so, seeing as you've no idea whatsoever whether the perpetrator was in employment at the time or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Leviosa

Can't believe this is descending into debate over whether the culprit works or claims dole, move past that and think about his family.

• Advertisement

cocoshovel wrote: »
    25 degrees in Ireland right now? Everyone go outside and stop whinging or ill bate ya! :mad:
    Irony! :p

I am outside! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

The insult "dole scrounger" died out a few years back when a quarter of the population were forced to sign on the fcukin thing.

You been under living under that plaque that was vandalised OP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Come on lads, stop letting stupid OP's dictate where a thread goes.

It's sunny...lets talk about all the awesome bewbs that are around the place.

Take back the thread!

#Bewbs2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

You've got it backwards. The op is generalising scumbags, not dole claimers. Most scumbags are on some kind of social welfare but that doesn't mean that most social welfare recipients are scumbags.

As to the story itself, I think it's a pretty sickening act but I'm disappointed in the lack of outrage too, especially when you combine this story with the one of his killer being in minimum security and just walking out. Poor lad gave his life trying to help people and this is how his memory is treated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

In a country where most are unemployed through no fault of their own. I'm equally lost for words, reading the incredibly ridiculous assumptions made in that post. There are plenty of scumbags who are fully employed. In fact the greatest category of scumbag out there, can be found 'running' and mismanaging the Irish banking sector.

Advertisement