Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need access to old emails

Options
  • 25-05-2012 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭

I set up 2 email addresses years ago, one site that i did use one to sign up to has the account creation date listed in 2002 and i'd been using the email for a time before that and the other for a time after.

I made it when i was a lot younger and changed a few times since but i need access to them now, eircom site is giving me problems today so can support help with this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Do you still know the passwords for the accounts? If so, and the eircom webmail is playing up (again!), you can use an alternative web interface to access them, such as mail2web.com. Use the advanced login option and enter webmail.eircom.net for the server address.

If you don't know the passwords then you're going to have to contact eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I got on to them and they've said that the account is disabled, and as i'm not a customer any more i can't get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

Varik wrote: »
    I set up 2 email addresses years ago, one site that i did use one to sign up to has the account creation date listed in 2002 and i'd been using the email for a time before that and the other for a time after.

I made it when i was a lot younger and changed a few times since but i need access to them now, eircom site is giving me problems today so can support help with this.

If you haven't logged into your email accounts for a period of time its likely been deleted. Happened to me before. See http://www.eircom.net/policy/ 5.3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Varik wrote: »

Hi Varik,

I am afraid if an eircom e-mail address is disabled. The e-mails are completely deleted from the eircom server.

This would be the situation even if you were still with eircom as a customer.

Sorry we were unable to do anything for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement