Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freezing clinic in Ireland?

• 25-05-2012 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I am not sure I am posting on the right forum, but I will ask the question.

I have seen discussions about women freezing their eggs as a back up plan to have children and I am thinking about it. Circumstances and age are making me think that I won't find a partner to have a family.

Does somebody actually knows of a clinic in Ireland where I can ask about it? or maybe in UK?
    Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I am not sure I am posting on the right forum, but I will ask the question.

I have seen discussions about women freezing their eggs as a back up plan to have children and I am thinking about it. Circumstances and age are making me think that I won't find a partner to have a family.

Does somebody actually knows of a clinic in Ireland where I can ask about it? or maybe in UK?
    Thanks!

Hi, I am not very knowledgeable about this at all but as far as I know the HARI unit might be good to get info, if you Google it you might get the info you need!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Not my area of knowledge really, but I know of some girls who've gone to the Lister Clinic in London. Successful egg freezing and de-freezing is a fairly new development, and the Lister are known to lead the way with new technologies and have a great reputation. It costs approx. 3k pounds. Not sure how many trips over. You can probably arrange to have some of the scans here.
    Of course the Irish clinics might also be good, I just don't know. Try Sims in Dundrum?
    Good luck xx

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dub_citizen

Thanks for the replies. I will look onto your information.

All the best!

Advertisement