Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Druid's Glen - Volunteers Required

Options
  • 25-05-2012 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭

I have a tee time booked for 2.10pm next Tuesday (May 29) and I need three volunteers to join me for a round of free golf.

Your handicap is irrelevant, so if you're playing off 24 or +2.4 you're just as likely to get picked.

Conditions:
    1. Must be available to play and be at the course on time. If you're picked and fail to show I shall hunt you down with a very unfriendly German Shepherd.
    2. No Druid's Glen/Heath members - sorry - this is for Boards-folk who haven't had the privilege of playing the venue before or have played it only a couple of times.
    3. Must be prepared to spend half an hour in the bar afterwards!

If you can make the tee time for sure, then reply to this Thread and three names will be picked on Sunday night.

I know it's short notice, so apologies.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thinks too much

nEVER PLAYED THERE BEFORE SO i WOLD BE GRATEFUL FOR THE CHANCE TO PLAY..STICK MY NAME IN THE HAT....FAIR PLAY TO YOU FOR PUTTING THIS OFFER OUT THERE BY THE WAY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Stick my name in there too, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Donnchadh

Stick my name down too, thanks. I've played it once in the depths of winter, would love to play it in summertime!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Yep Il put my name in the hat for this please , Cheers for the offer !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭kyleman

hi kevin never played it so would love to put my name in the hat,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 theblock48

Hi, count me in thanks, would love to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

Thanks for the generous offer Kevin, could you please add my name to the hat as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

theblock48 wrote: »
    Hi, count me in thanks, would love to play it.

One request per person right. If I got that wrong tell your mate not to tell anyone else...;)

In please Kevin and thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Nedser101

I would be up for that Kevin if yeah don't mind throwing my name in the hat. Cheers !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

im in for the draw! I have played it before so i can be a good course guide :D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭J6P

Count me in please

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gmpd

If you could stick my name in the hat please.. Wouldn't mind giving the course record a go :D haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Stick me in the mix please !!
    Cheers Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

Love to be in the draw Kevin if you dont mind a high handicapper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Fair play Kevin, very kind of you. Unfotunately I have an exam Tues avo so am out.

Hope y'all enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

,I've played it a lot lately so count me out but fair play for offering this up,top man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

Names have been drawn:
    Ziggy
    pistolpetes11
    kyleman

See you Tuesday, guys.
    Hope the weather holds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Names have been drawn:
    Ziggy
    pistolpetes11
    kyleman

See you Tuesday, guys.
    Hope the weather holds.

Surprisingly few people replied. Actually fancied my chances on this one. Yeah, hope weather holds. Enjoy lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Great offer, fair play to Mr Hooked, I didnt enter as I could not make it on Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gmpd

Ah it wasn't to be.. Cheers for the raffle tho.. Very kind of you.. Good luck lads.. Hope the weather holds.. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Fair play Kevin. If it stays fine ye should have a super day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 theblock48

Thanks but it was not to be, hope you guys have a great game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Thanks again lads , a great day out .

What a course

Cheers Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭kyleman

Great day out and the course is fab and will make it a priority to get back soon again, Thanks to Kevin and the 2 lads really enjoyed your company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

So who won the money or scored the most points?

Cracking course alright, played it for the first time last month in one of their Mon opens and the greens were like lightening and so true. Playing from the whites with a stiff breeze and it would test anyone's game, plenty of long and tough par 4s where you certainly need to be able to hit the ball. Love the Index 1 hole around by the cliff, savage hole. 17 and 18 are great finishing holes also even if I made a hames of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

So who won the money or scored the most points?

No bets were placed! Just as well as the golf was not of vintage quality. The opening shot was topped about 20 yards into a bush... which was my attempt at a drive. And our donation to the course, in terms of balls lost, was impressively high. If only balls could float.

A great birdie by Kyleman on 10 (three perfect shots) and the par by Ziggy on the water-laden par three 17th were the highlights.

Great day, and good to have three lads who had never played the course before. I'll get something up on the blog in the next few days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

fair play again Kevin, very generous of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭gymman39

yes kevin well done

Advertisement