Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axe Men

• 25-05-2012 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭

axe men is on again on the History channel on a wednesday at 10pm. If you missed episode one of the new series its on Sky anytine.

http://www.history.com/shows/ax-men

I have to say I'd like to see somebody put manners on that fellow "coatsie" and I really like shelby although he is a loon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

I hope that 'coatsy' fella gets decked by one of the crew :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Oldtree wrote: »
    axe men is on again on the History channel on a wednesday at 10pm. If you missed episode one of the new series its on Sky anytine.

http://www.history.com/shows/ax-men

I have to say I'd like to see somebody put manners on that fellow "coatsie" and I really like shelby although he is a loon.
    That's the reason all those type reality shows are set up. You will hate one person or like another person, it's more
    about the drama than the job they are doing. I suppose whatever keeps the viewers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

I was talking to an 'Irish axe man' ;) and he said if anything like that happened here, they would be financially ruined!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭joe17

the fellow called swamp man hes crazy:D hate to work for him you would only last a week working for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

I doubt anybody will survive long with shelby, the young fellow this week only lasted a few hours before being damaged beyond working :D:D Shelby is one of those that will come out shining from a bus wreak while all the rest will be mashed.

dont really care about the drama but could watch woodmen work all day, very restful. I like this programme much better than Swamp Loggers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

The timber industry in the pacific northwest certainly isn't what it used to be. I am currently in Olympia, Washington doing some timber cruising; the inventory done before and after logging or forestry operations take place, or simply gathering data for the US forest services or state forestry departments on health, species, and numbers. I personally know and have the opportunity to speak with many people in the industry. I have also done a great deal of cutting as well both here and in Ireland and the UK. China and Japan are currently helping to buoy the timber prices. Jobs like felling and machine operations still pay almost decently. But the hooking and landing jobs pay roughly 6Euro/hr or about $8-11/hr. This is barely enough to live off of, assuming you have no debt or children. While a lot of the drama you see is no doubt due to producing, a good amount of it comes from the quality of character such jobs attract. This is not to say that there aren't good people doing these jobs - there are. And if you have seen the previous seasons, you know there is a fair amount of turn over and a fair amount of uncertainty as far as work availability. It's rough out there. It's rough everywhere right now.

So, while it IS a show, the men in the show really do not have to push themselves too far to give you some drama. But from what I hear, for the most part, aside from some personal rivalries(aren't there always?), they general work not only as a team, but as family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Theres no excuse for putting your hands around another mans throat, period. That is assault combined with a serious lack of respect for you fellow workers and I for one would not tolerate it and nor should coatsie's employer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

jimmy simth die on the 1st of nov.

Advertisement