Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: Industrial Machine & MFG Saskatoon

• 25-05-2012 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hey everyone.

So, any one else on the board going out to work for IMM?

What do you do?

When are you hoping to go?

You can message here or private message

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bcibnr

Hi,

My husband has been offered a job there - we got SINP approval and are waiting to hear about TWP - what stage are you at?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭shannon guy

The same. we sent our application for twp on friday to london. So hopefully the turn around is fast.

Message me in private if you like.

Where are ye from and when are ye hoping to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bcibnr

Hoping to go whenever TWP comes in - husband will go over first to do the three month probation - if that goes well, we will follow

bcibnr wrote: »
    Hoping to go whenever TWP comes in - husband will go over first to do the three month probation - if that goes well, we will follow

Remember, you have a time limit on your permanent residency. We received nomination 2 weeks ago and our time runs out on November 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DJLAOIS

hi just seen this post now im going to working there soon has anyone got their visas yet or ar ye still waiting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 donegal456

Hi,

New to this boards idea not sure how to private message, husband was offered job through RDS in March, have applied through SINP, got nomination, now applied to London for TWP sent off last week, not sure how long this takes, offered job with IMM, Mechanical Engineer, plan for him to go out first and myself and two teenage boys to follow once he is settled in, can you let me know if you are there and how things are going yet, what is your family situation. As this is a major move would like to get as much info as possible.

Hey everyone.

So, any one else on the board going out to work for IMM?

What do you do?

When are you hoping to go?

You can message here or private message
    Wife has been chatting to you, Got start as production Engineer, sent passport away for TWV to london. await the stamp as I would prefer it before entry. Company is keen to have me asap. may go soon after recieving the passport back. Interested to know what support recieved from IMM as I havent given them a start date yet.

bcibnr wrote: »
    Seems We have a lot in common and are at the same stage.
    I applied for TWV to London to go, and await passport back.. Still dont understand the benifits of SINP as all of this could have been done day after RDS job offer! in March.
    Now seems like pressure to pay and apply for residence on time limit.
    Havent even gone and seen the place yet..
    We have filled in a mountain of forms and got "SINP Approved" .
    The plan allways was to just go and work for a while and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭bstar

If you have your SINP nomination you get a 2 year TWP compared to a 1 year normally with LMO (Sometimes longer but generally 1 year) and you can stay for good then if the PR is approved after that. It saves the company time and energy and helps them know you are serious about making a life there.

If the company had just got an LMO it still can take up to 16 weeks for an LMO it wouldn't have all been done in a day. And your permit would be for less time. Thats why SINP is better.

Do you have any idea how long it takes for the Temporary Work Permit to come through, sent it off to London around about two weeks ago, on a british passport not sure if that makes a difference. Have you moved to Saskatoon. Interested to know what its like there.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Email sent to you.

OUr work permit came through in about 5 weeks.

Love the city, the people and the Job.

Imm is a great spot to work.

As I said, email sent :)

And bcibnr Is the boss hehehe. We all live int he same neighbourhood to :)

Advertisement