Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bank (advice please)

Options
  • 25-05-2012 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,
    I need to move from my current bank (Permanent Tsb) as it is to far to have to travel to for my transactions (cost of fuel is to much!!!)
    So the help i need is what bank is the best BOI, AIB or Ulster Bank? I will be using the bank for my current account and credit card. any advice would be helpful.
    O:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Personal account?

Why do you need to visit the branch so often?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Orlan65

just that it will be more handy for me to go to if i have to. it is that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Orlan65 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I need to move from my current bank (Permanent Tsb) as it is to far to have to travel to for my transactions (cost of fuel is to much!!!)
    So the help i need is what bank is the best BOI, AIB or Ulster Bank? I will be using the bank for my current account and credit card. any advice would be helpful.
    O:)

Ulster Bank, are the only bank to still give condition-free free transaction banking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

ditto on the last poster reply. Ulster bank is the way to go. Free banking & many of their branches are open on a Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

ditto on the last poster reply. Ulster bank is the way to go. Free banking & many of their branches are open on a Saturday morning.

Rumours are the free banking is set to go so wouldn't be changing solely for that reason at the moment.

http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/latest-news/end-of-free-banking-as-ulster-to-charge-for-account-3116133.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Orlan65

thanks everyone for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

I would imagine that ulster bank would be introducing fees etc
    They are lucky to be still in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

Ulster Bank or depending on the volume of transactions Bank of Ireland.

They offer 28c per transaction and no maintenance fees or €11.40 per quarter for up to 90 and 28c thereafter.

AIB charge less at 20c / 30c (manual/branch/paper) but have a base fee of 4.50 per quarter.

Advertisement