Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue Bar too Short?

• 25-05-2012 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, first time poster here. Just a quick question about how you know your tongue bar is the right size? I'm asking this because I got it done a second time last week (in London - I live in Dublin) and I'm wondering if the barbell is too short. This is the second tongue piercing I've got, the other I had done about seven years ago, so memory could be a bit rusty, but I don't remember it looking the way this one looks. The new one is further forward on my tongue, in front of the older one. When my tongue is relaxed in my mouth it definitely sits lower than the original one.When I push it out there seems to be more skin as well. Now the first time I had it done my tongue didn't swell that much, and it doesn't feel swollen now so I don't *think* it is swollen. Basically, how do I know if the barbell is too short, and if it is, should I change it or will I be better off popping into a piercer to do it (something I was considering anyway, to get their opinion)? The pain is gone and everything feels back to normal, it just doesn't look it and I'm a little concerned. I can post a pic if needed, but thought I wouldn't unnecessarily burden you with views of my, er, moist area :pac:
    But any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Can't say without a picture. It sounds shorter, but not necessarily too short. Don't try changing it yourself, it's way too soon. You should talk to a piercer, at the very least it will reassure you. :)

Advertisement