Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Job Seekers Allowance

• 25-05-2012 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I closed my business down since July of last year. I still have'nt been approved Job Seekers Allowance and have been on Supplementary Welfare since. This week received a letter from my college saying they will accept me onto the course. I am happy about this but am worried that if I am not given job seekers allowance then I won't qualify for the back to education allowance. Any idea what I can do or if supplementary welfare would keep paying me while I attend the 1 year FETAC course?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

I closed my business down since July of last year. I still have'nt been approved Job Seekers Allowance and have been on Supplementary Welfare since. This week received a letter from my college saying they will accept me onto the course. I am happy about this but am worried that if I am not given job seekers allowance then I won't qualify for the back to education allowance. Any idea what I can do or if supplementary welfare would keep paying me while I attend the 1 year FETAC course?[/QUOT

When did you make your jobseekers allowance claim? Have you seen a social welfare inspector?
    What level Fetac course are you hoping to do? What level of education have you attained to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rebel fighter

Applied last July, had interview with the inspector, gave her my close of accounts, bank statements, everything. Heard nothing back from her for some time. Then the office told me after christmas that my claim was closed and I should have received this notice in writing however the letter never arrived. They gave me a copy of this letter in the office. The letter stated not enough documents supplied so my claim was closed. I reopened my claim again. I called the inspector and asked what documents were needed and I was told they would be in contact with me. The inspector called to my home when I was out, my housemate answered the door. My house mate told the inspector I was away night fishing for three nights and was still out the morning of the inspector calling. I then got a letter from the welfare stating my claim was closed as the inspector wasn't satisfied that the address given was my full time address, what a load of bo**ix. I immediatley reopened my claim again, made a complaint against the inspector and here I am two weeks later still waiting in limbo not knowing what is going on. I provided proof of address with bank statements, town council correspondence, letters from the college, plus my car is registed at my address, and taxed. So I have a place in college waiting for me, been unemployed for almost a year now. I now run the risk that I won't qualify for an education allowance if the inspector keeps closing down my claim. Truly horrendous experiance. My experiance to date with education is that I attained a collection of certificates in city and guilds, microsoft certified and fetac levels around 10 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Applied last July, had interview with the inspector, gave her my close of accounts, bank statements, everything. Heard nothing back from her for some time. Then the office told me after christmas that my claim was closed and I should have received this notice in writing however the letter never arrived. They gave me a copy of this letter in the office. The letter stated not enough documents supplied so my claim was closed. I reopened my claim again. I called the inspector and asked what documents were needed and I was told they would be in contact with me. The inspector called to my home when I was out, my housemate answered the door. My house mate told the inspector I was away night fishing for three nights and was still out the morning of the inspector calling. I then got a letter from the welfare stating my claim was closed as the inspector wasn't satisfied that the address given was my full time address, what a load of bo**ix. I immediatley reopened my claim again, made a complaint against the inspector and here I am two weeks later still waiting in limbo not knowing what is going on. I provided proof of address with bank statements, town council correspondence, letters from the college, plus my car is registed at my address, and taxed. So I have a place in college waiting for me, been unemployed for almost a year now. I now run the risk that I won't qualify for an education allowance if the inspector keeps closing down my claim. Truly horrendous experiance. My experiance to date with education is that I attained a collection of certificates in city and guilds, microsoft certified and fetac levels around 10 years ago.

Im not going to go in the scenario of your claim but if you have already achieved a fetac course at the same level as the one you are hoping to pursue then you will not get btea. It has to be a progression from the level of education you have already achieved.

Advertisement