Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't know whether to drop to foundation maths or not

• 25-05-2012 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

I did the Leaving in '11, and I am repeating just maths this year. I'm not confident that I am going to pass it, and am thinking about dropping to foundation. I have already got accepted into a PLC course. My main concern is, will it affect me being able to get a course through the CAO if I wanted to do a level 7 or 8 after my PLC course?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Once you complete your PLC and get your FETAC award you're leaving cert results are no longer accounted for.

Good luck in what you want to do. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

What fizzyorange said..

However, I do think you have more than enough time to cram between now and the leaving cert to at least pass ordinary level especially if its the only subject you are sitting this year.

Even though it may not effect your FETAC course, it does limit your decisions in the future if you change your mind about what course you wish to do, etc.

If you do change your mind/ FETAC plan doesnt work out and you wish to apply to another course through the CAO then foundation level maths will limit your choices hugely.

Advertisement