If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharp HTSB520 Soundbar?

Options
  • 25-05-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Hi -

I'd like to get the above Soundbar to improve the sound on my new Samung LED Tv. Finding it hard to identify a supplier who will ship to Ireland. Can you help? Seems to retail for around £110 sterling. Not really interested in anything high-end and this model gets good reviews for general purpose use?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks. John

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

jwb1 wrote: »
    Hi -

I'd like to get the above Soundbar to improve the sound on my new Samung LED Tv. Finding it hard to identify a supplier who will ship to Ireland. Can you help? Seems to retail for around £110 sterling. Not really interested in anything high-end and this model gets good reviews for general purpose use?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks. John

Hi John,

Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately this isn't a model that we stock. :(

I got a good Philips soundbar in and it's going cheap. It's an open box model from our Philips Store when it was around. Still got all the accessories for it.

Check out the link below for more info:
    http://www.philips.co.uk/c/home-cinema-systems/soundbar-blu-ray-ipod-iphone-ready-hts5131_12/prd/

We're offering this for just €299.95! Delivery would be £12.99.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭jwb1

Hi Chris -

Thanks for your quick reply. Interestingly, I found this post on boards after sending email:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77861557

Seems to suggest that Sharp soundbars are available from RicherSounds?

Still, your Philips box sounds attractive. Couple of questions:

1. Can I drive it from the RCA L/R output jacks on my Samsung LED TV and/or the RCA jacks on my UPC set-top box?

2. Alternatively, can I drive it off the headphone jack on the TV?

3. A quick review of the specs suggests the box is of a significantly higher spec than the Sharp. True?

No problem with it being an open box model. Assume it's in good nick, clean, etc?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks - John

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me.

We do stock some Sharp soundbars but not that actual model. All we can get at the moment is the Sharp HTSB250 @ £99.95:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/sharp/htsb250/shar-htsb250

The soundbar has an aux input, optical input and coax input. It's also supports ARC (audio retrun channel) so if you're using a 3D TV you may be able to use this. :)

It also as a headphone jack so you could use this for your TV. :)

Still in very good condition, boxed up at the moment and all accessories included. This is indeed a much better spec than the Sharp, great price on it too.

Chris

Hi Chris -

Thanks again for being so prompt in replying.

Surprising as it may seem, I think I'll opt for the Sharp even though it's lower spec and more expensive! The Philips box is over-spec'ed for my needs and is also physically more cumbersome which will be problematic.

I'm happy to go ahead and place the order, just let me know how. You can PM me with the details.

Thanks.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

Chris, if that ts5131 is in decent nick I'd be interested.

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

There has been a bit of confusion on the pricing for the Philips HTS5131 soundbar.

The correct price is €299.95.

The soundbar is still avaialble.

Apologies about the confusion.

Chris

Hi Chris -

Thanks again for being so prompt in replying.

Surprising as it may seem, I think I'll opt for the Sharp even though it's lower spec and more expensive! The Philips box is over-spec'ed for my needs and is also physically more cumbersome which will be problematic.

I'm happy to go ahead and place the order, just let me know how. You can PM me with the details.

Thanks.

John

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I dont have the Sharp 250 in stock at the moment. It's also a in-store only purchase so would need to be collected here in the store.

I do have the HTSB400 in stock at £79.95. Again this is also a in-store only purchase so would need to be colected here in Belfast. Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/sharp/htsb400/shar-htsb400

Chris

Hi guys,

There has been a bit of confusion on the pricing for the Philips HTS5131 soundbar.

The correct price is €299.95.

The soundbar is still avaialble.

Apologies about the confusion.

Chris

That's ok. I'm going to go for the Sharp box anyway so just PM me to let me know how to place the order etc.

Thanks - John

That's ok. I'm going to go for the Sharp box anyway so just PM me to let me know how to place the order etc.

Thanks - John

PM sent. :)

Chris

Hi -

Chris & I exchanged PMs on this yesterday but I haven't heard back from him today. He may not be in the office?

The HTSB400 is physically too big to fit so I need to stick with the HTSB250. But I need to understand the lead time on the 250 and whether you recommend a particular courier service for the pick-up since driving up from Cork isnt an option.

I've found another source for the 250 but my preference is to give you guys the order. But, I'll need to move quickly.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi jwb1.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Chris is off today :(

I have just replied to your PM in his absence :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 harigupta

Hi John,

Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately this isn't a model that we stock. :(

I got a good Philips soundbar in and it's going cheap. It's an open box model from our Philips Store when it was around. Still got all the accessories for it.

Check out the link below for more info:
    http://www.philips.co.uk/c/home-cinema-systems/soundbar-blu-ray-ipod-iphone-ready-hts5131_12/prd/

We're offering this for just €299.95! Delivery would be £12.99.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I wanted to buy this exact model. The same model is 245 GBP on Amazon Marketplace - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B005AEN5OO/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new with 7.50 GBP postage to Dublin. Given yours is open box could you beat their price by a competitive amount - I'd call and buy it straight away - I could pay in GBP or Euro whichever you'd prefer. Thanks Hari

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Cheers for the reply.

How does £220 including delivery grab you ?

We never like to be outdone, so I reckon this is a competitive amount.

Hopefully we'll here from you soon ! :D

Give us a call on 0044 333 900 0070 between 10:00 and 5:30 on Sat or 1pm to 5pm on Sunday.

Many thanks

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I'll definitely take it at that price - just got off the phone to Matthew and paid for it. Thanks again!!!

Hari

Received with much thanks!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.