Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i5-2500k v i5-3570

Options
  • 25-05-2012 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭

Both about the sane price - which one to go for and why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

3570k is basically an updated 2500k (sandy bride -> ivy bridge). Because of the manufacturing process it runs a bit hotter, but it's slightly more powerful (4.2ghz 2570k will be roughly the same as 4.5ghz 2500k). It also has much better integrated graphics if you don't have a dedicated card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I'll stick with the 2500K I've ordered then as heat may be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

So I eventually went for the 3570K after all. A few people have mentioned the Ivy bridge CPUs aren't worth the money over the Sandy bridge. I'm wondering what people think about the Virtu MVP function?

Its giving me some extra perfromace in benchmarks (around 20%) although futuremark don't allow it activated for comparrision. I understand there are some compatability issues also. Frankly I didn't consider it when buying but the extra kick for games performance seems worth it for €25 or am I missing something?

(sorry about spelling - need to reinstall ie spell)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

So I eventually went for the 3570K after all. A few people have mentioned the Ivy bridge CPUs aren't worth the money over the Sandy bridge. I'm wondering what people think about the Virtu MVP function?

Its giving me some extra perfromace in benchmarks (around 20%) although futuremark don't allow it activated for comparrision. I understand there are some compatability issues also. Frankly I didn't consider it when buying but the extra kick for games performance seems worth it for €25 or am I missing something?

(sorry about spelling - need to reinstall ie spell)

A good solution is not to use IE :P. Chrome and Firefox/Nightly have a spellchecker built in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Main reason i can see is the ability to get pci-e 3.0 activated on your motherboard. However, considering there is no performance difference between pcie-2.0 and 3.0 at the moment, it is more of a future proofing consideration. I'm looking at it in this light since the motherboard I'm looking at supports pci-3 3.0, and the 3570k is only around 20/30euro more expensive than the 2500k

• Advertisement
Advertisement