Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guys, I need help building my new e-penis!

Options
  • 25-05-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

Evening all,

I'm about to invest a lot a money in a PC for gaming (mostly FPS games so need proper components).

I live in Switzerland and I have decided to buy from STEG as everybody here seems to love them!
    Furthermore, importing from outside Switzerland can prove quite expensive but if you guys think I can get a much better deal from somewhere else in Europe, let me know! ;)

1. What is your budget? CHF 2,500 (€2,100)

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming (BF3, Call of Duty, etc)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need. 23"/24" or 27"

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Yes: Keyboard / Mouse / Wireless Card

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? All methods

9. When are you purchasing? ASAP!

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Switzerland... :(

So anyway, I used the STEG website and chose the following components (I will build the PC myself):

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO CHF 200 (€167)

Corsair TX850 V2 CHF 140 (€117)

Intel i7 3770K CHF 339 (€282)

Corsair DDR3 1600MHz 16GB CHF 160 (€133)

EVGA GTX 680 SC CHF 579 (€482)

Samsung SSD 830 Series CHF 170 (€142)

Western Digital Caviar Blue CHF 100 (€83)

Samsung SH-B123L/RSBP CHF 80 (€67)

Coolermaster CM690 II Adv.NVIDIA CHF 125 (€104)

ASUS VE278Q CHF 339 (€282)

Logitech G500 CHF 70 (€58)

Logitech G110 CHF 75 (€62)

Total price: CHF 2,376 (€1,979)

So, guys, considering I've lost touch with PC components over the last 5 years and that I don't really know what I'm doing, could you pease give me some feedback on the above choices?

Is there anything articularly bad I have chosen? Can I get better RAM for the same money or a little bit more (I'm useless when it comes to RAM...)? can i get a much better deal from somewhere else in Europe maybe? Have I chosen compnents that are no compatible?

Any advice/feedback/information will be hugely appreciated!!! :D

Thank you in advance guys!

Stéphane

Comments

Advertisement