Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mini Epiphanies

• 25-05-2012 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

What made you stop and think this week? let's keep it current, don't want to hear any stories of yore (and please let's leave religion and tax-payers out of it)

Husband just made me whopper egg and bacon triple decker toasted sandwich. Made me stop and think what a ledge he is and how I don't appreciate him enough (and also who would make them uber-sandwiches if he died or summat). Whilst eating aforementioned snack, I wandered off on a little cranial love fest for the ol' man. Won't post it here, AH would rip me to bits - but i was feeling the love.

Anyone stoned enough to know what I'm on about ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yore god fearing tax evading mother!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Chevolution

I realised how big my hands are.......again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

5 across. Had to think about it for ages.

I got it in the end.

It was "habitual."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

On the bus home from work today, looking around, thinking "Jesus, some (a lot of) Irish girls are hot when they don't have to wear coats."
    Sad, superficial, but true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Husband just made me whopper egg and bacon triple decker toasted sandwich.

He's really trying to murder you with cholesterol! You need to leave him ASAP! Get out of the house now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Husband just made me whopper egg and bacon triple decker toasted sandwich.

I think the term is "myocardial infarction" as opposed to "epiphany".

Gee Bag wrote: »
    He's really trying to murder you with cholesterol! You need to leave him ASAP! Get out of the house now!
    Ficheall wrote: »
    I think the term is "myocardial infarction" as opposed to "epiphany".
    Double post-quote just to say "I was there."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Husbands are overrated OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

mate of mine, despite having a gorgeous child, nice husband who's doing well, nice house, hols coming up, job herself - is so miserable, which in turn makes her quite hard to deal with & nasty

she not happy, i have much less than her, i happy with my lot. just goes to show you can have a lot and still be unhappy

you gotta make the most of what you got

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

They said if I laid off the fags and booze I should be able to stop my mini epiphanies becoming full blown revelations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Was going into a large retail outlet and there was a foreign national lad with brush sweeping away to his hearts content. I stopped and thought i bet there are thousands of Irish who would do that job now; but when he started the job; was probably the only one who applied; so fair play to him. When I came out of the shop he had only swept around the bin and the rest of the frontage was covered in litter. Then I spotted him walking around the corner flicking a fag butt away. I stopped and thought `bloody foreigners`

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I am always taken back on how small the world is

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Jester252 wrote: »

Do you mean like meeting your neighbours, dogs, cousin on holiday small, or small in comparison to the universe and beyond small?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I over think so my head is like an on going database!

• Site Banned Posts: 5 SunSet357

What made you stop and think this week? let's keep it current, don't want to hear any stories of yore (and please let's leave religion and tax-payers out of it)

Husband just made me whopper egg and bacon triple decker toasted sandwich. Made me stop and think what a ledge he is and how I don't appreciate him enough (and also who would make them uber-sandwiches if he died or summat). Whilst eating aforementioned snack, I wandered off on a little cranial love fest for the ol' man. Won't post it here, AH would rip me to bits - but i was feeling the love.

Knees, open mouth, don't forget to look up with pleading eyes and feel the love.

SunSet357 wrote: »
    Knees, open mouth, don't forget to look up with pleading eyes and feel the love.

I would but I'm completely stuffed after the triple decker thanks :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

little cranial love fest

Pics or GTFO

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 43 Sparklepants!

I would but I'm completely stuffed after the triple decker thanks :p

Heh I bet you were. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

A triple decker? Gotta wonder what he's after?:D In my case, when she's feeling the love after a good deed, I usually drop into the conversation how I've just spotted a lovely car on Donedeal.:)

Pottler wrote: »
    A triple decker?

It's probably just an O'Briens-style triple-decker (a double-decker), not the real deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Badhb

That is vile. Disgusting. ewwhhh yuk. Divorce him immediately.
    then again, whatever goes on between consenting adults....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I realized how glad I am that I don't use the words Uber or Ledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Had surgery to sort out an ectopic pregnancy the 15th of May just gone and seeing as this was the first week after it I count myself extremely lucky that medical procedures are so high tech these days that my recovery was quick pain wise and even though stitches have yet too dissolve they will in time. I also have two sons already so they're a blessing in my life and how much worse I'd be feeling emotionally if I didn't have them around in my life. I also have a wonderful partner who's held me while I cried, made sure I ate, did housework and everything with the kids while I couldn't. I lost a tube but it doesn't mean I can't try again. I'm a very lucky woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Motoring forum -->

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

KKkitty wrote: »
    Had surgery to sort out an ectopic pregnancy the 15th of May just gone and seeing as this was the first week after it I count myself extremely lucky that medical procedures are so high tech these days that my recovery was quick pain wise and even though stitches have yet too dissolve they will in time. I also have two sons already so they're a blessing in my life and how much worse I'd be feeling emotionally if I didn't have them around in my life. I also have a wonderful partner who's held me while I cried, made sure I ate, did housework and everything with the kids while I couldn't. I lost a tube but it doesn't mean I can't try again. I'm a very lucky woman.

:(

Hope you're okay x

KKkitty wrote: »

Jesus, I'm about to go to bed, stop making me so sad.
    :-(
    Good luck in your endeavours, though.
    Same happened to my brother's ex, and she had a child afterwards, so if my experience is anything to go by, 100% success beckons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Jester252 wrote: »

Do you mean like meeting your neighbours, dogs, cousin on holiday small, or small in comparison to the universe and beyond small?
    A little bit from column A a little bit from column B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

"I know.. why don't we add BAGPIPES!!"

Could I interest you in an epitaph instead "Jarvis was a chronic hipster. RIP"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Thanks everyone. If it had happened years ago I may not have survived. I went into my regional hospital that day and within a matter of hours I was in the theatre for the operation and my chances of conceiving are still reasonably high which surprised me. Whatever problems I thought I had before faded in comparison to what I'm going through now. I have financial worries for example but even if I was to win the euromillions it won't turn back the clock and make that egg go to where it should have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Chamone MF

Theres billions of chinese, billions of the feckers.
    Some of them live here, in case you didn't know. And they run (Chinese) takeaways. (yes among other things)

BUT since theres more of them than us - so how rong til the chicken role is reversed and WE end up in China. Then WE'LL be running oirish/western takeaways.

And THEY'LL be taking the pis5 out of our accents when we try to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

I realised how different everything is with good weather. IT SIMPLY CANNOT BE OVER STATED. In fact, I'll quote myself, ahem "I realised how different everything is with good weather". Now to paraphrase, "Gee guys, sure is nice out, sunshine and the beach, ahhhhhhh nice, nice, nice."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

It's like a cloud has lifted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Steak and bj day for him tomorrow.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

stovelid wrote: »
    I realized how glad I am that I don't use the words Uber or Ledge.

I'm not proud of myself. These words seem to burrow in and become part of my vocabulary. I do draw the line at 'amaze balls' and 'totes' though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I always have my epiphanies in the shower!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

guitarzero wrote: »
    I realised how different everything is with good weather. IT SIMPLY CANNOT BE OVER STATED. In fact, I'll quote myself, ahem "I realised how different everything is with good weather". Now to paraphrase, "Gee guys, sure is nice out, sunshine and the beach, ahhhhhhh nice, nice, nice."

It can- I HATE the sun. It's debilitating. I am also not into the sand and beach experience. *sigh* I cannot wait for the fall and winter to get here.

Epiphany: It's amazing how much I can achieve just by believing I can. Great stuff this positive thinking.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Mini Epiphanies , is that a little, little Christmas :confused:

Advertisement