Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What else do i need for my build ??

Options
  • 25-05-2012 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

ok guys have most parts ordered now , just wondering if i have forgot anything ???

i have

Case
    PSU
    CPU
    Motherboard
    RAM
    CPU Cooler
    OS win 7
    Optical drive
    SSD
    HDD
    GPU
    Monitor

Mouse and keyboard will be reused , mouse is a logitech G700 that im very happy with but i will need a new keyboard eventually , can anyone recommend a good one

im wondering will the cables be supplied for all these parts or will i have to order them seperate ?? is there anything else im forgetting :confused:

Thanks guys:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭luyolo

You have all the essential components, all that's left is to get started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Sholden

Mouse and keyboard will be reused , mouse is a logitech G700 that im very happy with but i will need a new keyboard eventually , can anyone recommend a good one

I would get a mechanical keyboard anyway. I have this really old dell one so i can't recommend one at the moment but you should read this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Should have all cables supplied, you might want to get some thermal paste in case you want to remove/re-seat your CPU cooler. A #1 Philips head driver & a few tie-wraps for cable management & your're set :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

A cheap electric screw driver - makes the process much less or a drag!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Personally I wouldn't use an electric screw driver when working on or building a PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

SickBoy wrote: »

Personally I wouldn't use an electric screw driver when working on or building a PC.

+1 If you mean a battery drill, its very easy to strip a screw and if it slipped off a screw you could end up hopping the driver head off the Mono.

Then comes the expensive sound...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

thanks for the input lads , personally i wouldnt want any sort of power tool in there , too easy slip or over tighten etc , and im used to working with tools so it wont be a big deal,
    ordered a mech keyboard its supposed to be a fairly quiet one apparently uses cherry brown switches instead of cherry blue what ever that means lol :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Sholden wrote: »
    I would get a mechanical keyboard anyway. I have this really old dell one so i can't recommend one at the moment but you should read this

excellent link thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

All depends on what you're used to. Our techs used to use them all the time and never a bother. Personally I'm very lazy!

Also use the torque adjustment people! They are there for your safety ;)

Advertisement