Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do men brush their hair anymore ?

• 25-05-2012 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭

I have horrific memories of when I was growing up and my mother use to be pulling lumps outa me trying to brush my hair. But nowadays the only ones I see with a brush are women or hair dressers. I havent brushed my hair in about 15 years. I dont even own a hairbrush or comb.

Does anyone still brush their hair now or is it all army style hair cuts and styling putty ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭tigger123

You rocking that 'just got out of bed' look?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I run a comb through it sometimes but most of the times I get caught up in my good looks while at the mirror that I forget to comb my hair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I do.

But I have long hair. I didn't brush it as often when it was shorter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Old Tom

What hair??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

tigger123 wrote: »
    You rocking that 'just got out of bed' look?

I'm not scruffy really, I give it a bit of a prod and a poke when I get up to tidy it but I dont brush it and havent for a very long time. I dont see the point when your hands are like built in combs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Do for work alright, not for play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I have really annoying wavy/curly hair so a couple of years ago I bought a comb and I received such a piss-taking I never used it. Same goes for the time a girl I lived with straightened my hair for the craic :pac:. Never again, just keep it shortish and use a nice tough styling putty. As I get older it seems more manageable too, much better! :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 43 Sparklepants!

I brush my hair all the time. Nothing womanly about having decent looking hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

I once knew a fella who scorned the use of a hairbrush, declaring it effeminate and whimsical. The same man swore that the character of a person could be judged by how shiny their boots were, and was less than appreciative of my suggestion that whoever taught him as much was only interested in getting him to bend over. Ah the military.

Yeah I brush my hair, what a question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I don't, but the reason is more...
    LordSmeg wrote: »
    I dont even own a hairbrush or comb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i dont. i just rub some gel in and mess it up

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

Boys gotta be careful.... There one day, gone the next :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I've long hair and straighten it.

Pantsface wrote: »
    Boys gotta be careful.... There Hair one day, gone the next :D
    FYP

I brush my hair all the time. Nothing womanly about having decent looking hair.

Nobody said it was womanly :confused:

Think you might have some underlying emotional issues relating to that, ammm sparklepants.

Nobody said it was womanly :confused:

Think you might have some underlying emotional issues relating to that.
    Nobody in the thread, but you can be sure there are people reading this thread now *ominous music* who are thinking that.

No, but in all seriousness, most people will know people who'd have such an attitude. The appropriate nomenclature for such people is moron.

I doubt anyone who would honesty think brushing your hair was womanly would they ? Plucking eyebrows or shaving your chest maybe but brushing your hair ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

I doubt anyone who would honesty think brushing your hair was womanly would they ? Plucking eyebrows or shaving your chest maybe but brushing your hair ?

some men can look very gay brushing their hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

I haven't got enough hair to brush so.... no I guess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I sort of move it around with me hands,seems to do the trick :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Its too short to need a comb or brush. I share the OPs memories though. What the hell was that all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Nope.
    Styling Putty.
    If the long, bobbed undercut look comes back, though... I'm all over that shït.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Yep - I have long hair now, but 6th June it's all being shaved off to raise cash for Pieta house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

My fingers are my comb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

My motto has always been "if it needs to be brushed, it needs to be cut". Served me well-> never used any gel or anything in my whole life, been getting "the usual" haircut with my brother and father for the last 12/3 years. Although if there is a lump of hair sticking up I'll pat it down with my hand. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Depends on the circumstances. 9/10, I don't tend to brush it. I will make it neat and tidy depending on the occasion.
    I'd imagine it will all depend on whether you are trying to pull off a particular style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

My fingers are my comb

This.

As long as all the hair on the top of my head is going in remotely the same direction, I'm happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Only the hair on my balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Short and tidy doesnay need maintenance and thatz how I keep the fur on my head.

I couldnay be bothered with hair that needs styling - putting on pants everyday is bother enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

le la rat wrote: »
    Only the hair on my balls

i shave but you get terrible bagpeel in this weather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

i shave but you get terrible bagpeel in this weather

Don't have to waste spit on your Rizlas though.
    Always a plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Bit of oil does the job nicely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Never brush my hair. Just take a shower, rub a bit of gel in it and I'm sorted!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I have to its long enough that i can have that slick tight brushed back i like it i look bad ass in my suit :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

prob 1996 was the time it was brushed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

You're supposed to brush it? Jasus, I knew I was missing somthing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I havent brushed my hair in about 15 years. I dont even own a hairbrush or comb.?

Same here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

I can brush my hair if I like but my hair laughs at attempts to control it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Carverkid

I'm the scruffiest yoke going, despite my gf and Mother's combined efforts to get me into a barbers. I love my messy, curly mop and its never leaving me. That barbers looks like an execution chamber to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

I brush my hair every day

It get's rid of those little itchy crawling fúckers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

When I had longer hair I combed it. My hands work better on my short hair. I have a double crown that makes my hair at the back hard to comb as it sticks out in about four different directions as well as making me look balding. Sometimes I comb my hair when it's wet, then put wax in it and style it with my fingers, taking care to avoid the crown area. It can take ages to get it to not look like total crap. If it wasn't for the double crown it would take under a minute to style it.

I carry a comb in my back pocket just in case the wind blows my hair so much that my bare hands can't get it back into place.

Up until two years ago I had long hair tied back in a ponytail. It was actually easier to style than my short hair.

The longer I spend at my hair the worse it looks. I have to rub in some gel or putty and then I have one attempt to get it right or I'll make it progressively worse until I have to wash out the stuff and start again.

When I'm not going anywhere I dont put anything in it and just poke down any sticky out bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Only when I shower, so every couple of months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Only when I shower, so every couple of months.
    With a nit comb. Same here. Hygiene is for wimps.

I got long curly hair (I'm rocking ringlets, Good Ship Lollipop style) so I use curly fries.

I got long curly hair (I'm rocking ringlets, Good Ship Lollipop style) so I use curly fries.
    Smart thinking there. You must be good at engineering.

Johro wrote: »
    Smart thinking there. You must be good at engineering.

I once took the wheels off some rollerskates and called them walkingskates. Never made any money off it, but I see people using them all the time, now.

I once took the wheels off some rollerskates and called them walkingskates. Never made any money off it, but I see people using them all the time, now.
    There ya go. Next time, think 'patent'. I notice some guy went halfway with part rollerskate, part walkingskate.
    Them's the people ya gotta watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

The longer I spend at my hair the worse it looks. I have to rub in some gel or putty and then I have one attempt to get it right or I'll make it progressively worse until I have to wash out the stuff and start again.

When I'm not going anywhere I dont put anything in it and just poke down any sticky out bits.

This goes for all efforts at male grooming. The more you try the worse it gets. Accept the wild mountain man look

• Advertisement
Advertisement