Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gun smith/ re bluing

Options
  • 25-05-2012 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭

Hi lads. Does anybody on this know if Eamon Galvin is good at re-bluing barrels and refurbishing gun stocks? I heard he was good by one lad anybody else ever get work done by him before. He seems like a nice guy on the phone. Its abit of a spin up to the gent but if its going to be a good job what the heck about it. Anybody have before and after pictures of his work or anybody have images of any of his work to build up my confidence?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 chuckie 123

hi lads how can i get a hold of eamon galvin

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Not 100% if this is still valid.

Eamon Galvin, Ballybofey. Co. Donegal.
    His number is 0749132177
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Yea, that's his number. His place is hard to find though!

A gent and a brilliant wood and metal worker. Hard man to pay as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 von dreyse

Hard man to pay as well!

Hard man to pay ?
    Are you taking the piss ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Kinzig

von dreyse wrote: »
    Hard man to pay ?
    Are you taking the piss ?

I agree, I have had loads of work done by this guy over many years and if local womanizer thinks hes hard to pay then he must be a real tight ass :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

He's easy payed.charged me 100 to blu the barrels and it was top class work he did

Kinzig wrote: »

I agree, I have had loads of work done by this guy over many years and if local womanizer thinks hes hard to pay then he must be a real tight ass :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Calm down, you obviously don't get that turn of phrase, which is used often up here.

I went to pay him for work one time and asked him how much, he just said enough to cover materials, I said ah come on that's a bit of a low price, felt bad that he wanted little money for the work! That's what I meant.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Kinzig

Calm down, you obviously don't get that turn of phrase, which is used often up here.

I went to pay him for work one time and asked him how much, he just said enough to cover materials, I said ah come on that's a bit of a low price, felt bad that he wanted little money for the work! That's what I meant.....

I dont get the turn of phrase !!, born and reared in Donegal mate, and anyone whose described as hard to pay means they charge too much:rolleyes::rolleyes: Its funny how the two other posters read it the same way!

Kinzig wrote: »

I dont get the turn of phrase !!, born and reared in Donegal mate, and anyone whose described as hard to pay means they charge too much:rolleyes::rolleyes: Its funny how the two other posters read it the same way!

Likewise! And in my circle it's common usage!

I have no problems with Eamon Galvin, if I had I would hardly provide my first comment here about him. He is an excellent worker with everything firearms, and I know people who work with wood in other professions who can't help but sing his praises high enough.

I would have said stay well clear as he charges too much but I didn't, don't see what the problem is, unless people are just looking for an argument for the sake of it?

Seriously,it's funny how highly strung some folk are around here...

Advertisement