Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Age gap...

• 25-05-2012 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

I think this was covered before but Im not sure but what do ye make of big age gaps between Men and women???
    I ask cos i was out last sunday nite and I ended up smoochin(just smoochin) a 17 year old and Im 24
    I dunno whether to turn myself into the cops for bein a pedo or be happy cos she was dayum hot

... 74 votes

Pedo
    0% 0 votes
    Grass on the pitch, play ball
    22% 17 votes
    Atari jaguar
    62% 46 votes
    All of the above
    14% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Half your age plus seven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Being 24 and going with a 17 year old wouldn't be my thing. Whatever age I tend to think of people I've known for years and then certain ages feel weird. So, for me, I'd probably not have. Await ****storm though.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭puddinboxxx

Uh oh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Thinly veiled "look at me, i kissed someone" thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

eewwww

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

I think this was covered before but Im not sure but what do ye make of big age gaps between Men and women???
    I ask cos i was out last sunday nite and I ended up smoochin(just smoochin) a 17 year old and Im 24
    I dunno whether to turn myself into the cops for bein a pedo or be happy cos she was dayum hot

Its not a big issue.

Don't worry about it. Once men loving men was bad in this country.
    Not so now.

Eventually sex and age wont be a problem either.

Ride away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I ask cos i was out last sunday nite and I ended up smoochin(just smoochin)

Suuuurreeeee....
    Anyone wanna smell his fingers???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

That's grand - her 17 and you 24.
    If it were the other way around though, I would think it was weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Judging from friends and workmates of both sexes, it's fine for the youngsters to go for oldies, but not the other way around.
    A girls I'm working with now gave shït to one of her friends (20 year old) for shagging some 36 year old "perv".

"Were you not tellin' me last week that you were going out with a 35 year old when you were 17?"

Deaf. Ears.

The situation could NOT have been more different. I just didn't understand, apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

No sorry, 24 and smoochin a 17 year old is borderline pedo shít. No need to hand yourself in but try to stay away from the kiddies in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

After a hard day at work ask yourself whether you want sit down to hear her going on about how awesome Jedward are and how crap double maths was today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

pics of said tart?

grindle wrote: »
    Judging from friends and workmates of both sexes, it's fine for the youngsters to go for oldies, but not the other way around.
    A girls I'm working with now gave shït to one of her friends (20 year old) for shagging some 36 year old "perv".

"Were you not tellin' me last week that you were going out with a 35 year old when you were 17?"

Deaf. Ears.

The situation could NOT have been more different. I just didn't understand, apparently.
    There's hypocrisy and double standards on a lot of things that both genders have to face. Doesn't justify any of them, but it needs to be pointed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Young wans with daddy issues, I'm here to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

My long term boyfriend is nearly 10 years my junior.

When we got to the serious stage I did worry about it, what others thought, etc. But I hardly ever think about our age difference anymore. I love him and he loves me and that's all that matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

At that age she should not have been "out" in the first place.

My long term boyfriend is nearly 10 years my junior.

When we got to the serious stage I did worry about it, what others thought, etc. But I hardly ever think about our age difference anymore. I love him and he loves me and that's all that matters.
    When it gets serious is when you shouldn't worry about it. Because you can point out it isn't a temporary fling. Not that there is anything wrong with temporary flings, but a better case for sure can be made with more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

When i was 19 i dated a 38 year old. . . . fun times . .:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

If her Spanish teacher is Dora the Explorer, she's too young for you bro.

If she can't colour inside the lines, she's too young for you bro.

If she can't finish "In West Philadelphia...", she's too young for you bro.

If her shoes have lights, she's too young for you bro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

To be honest its a big deal for me when its a even a small gap never mind a big gap! I rather someone nearer my age. Though I prefer younger guys than older guys, I relate to them differently like I look up to an older guy but be more equal par to a younger guy at times. I am more attracted to guys younger than me but not by much a few years once they are within their 20's I be happy with that anything less or more is a no no for me.

I rather date younger guys but I would draw to line somewhere based on maturity really and how old I act despite me being older than them say. Even a year or two maybe three or four not more than five years would be a deal breaker regardless who is older in the relationship that I would be in. There is such a thing as too old or too young a guy for me, a lad nearer in age to me I feel I have more things in common with.

I'm 27 and wouldn't go out with someone less than 10 years or 10 years older in particular not anyone more than 5 years unless I really get on with them though wouldn't say no to going with someone 5 years younger than me but anything less than 7 years no. Its too massive a gap and stages in lives and experience of life can have a huge bearing as to whether it work with them or not!

I don't think its right for a 17 year old and a 24 year old to be together maybe its different if the girl is older than the guy but guys mature at a slower rate than girls do! Though I be more in favour of the girl being older than the guy in this situation rather than the other way around as guys are more experienced, older, might want and do stuff that a 17 year old wouldn't typically do. Guys older in that situation might want more and put pressure on the girl and cannot handle it if they don't get what they want, girls at 17 can either be mature or immature/naive/innocent. Though as you get older from 40 upwards the gap closes alright a bit.

Everyone is different! What ever works best for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Be careful she might ask you to her debs next year!

cbyrd wrote: »
    When i was 19 i dated a 38 year old. . . . fun times . .:cool:

He was old enough to be your dad!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I'm 41, my wife is 27, we are married two years now with a new baba and couldn't be happier.
    I suppose I'm immature :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Doovdela! that's a maths lesson you have just posted :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Also OP, if she told you she was 17 she was probably lying.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

When I was 24 I was rattling a very, very hot 38 year old. She was seriously smokin' and the sex was magic, so much so that for a long time I didn't realise that our personalities were completley incompatible. 12 years on I'm happily married to the love of my life but if I was still with that lady today she would be 50 to my 36. ****. That. ****! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭Wompa1

When I was 23 I went out with a 19 year old and it was f'd up to me. Now I'm 27 and going out with a 23 year old. It does bring challenges alright.

When I was going out with the 19 year old her housemate was hooking up with guys in their 30's. She was seeing a 33 year old doctor for a month and couldn't understand why he didn't want to be her boyfriend. Young girls are stupid, he was classy though. He wouldn't let her stay at his, always paid for her taxi home :)

When she was in tears one night over these guys I dared to give my take that guys that age will not see her as anything more than some hole. I told them guys don't want to go out with young girls because they are annoying to be around but fun to f**k. I said what if it was the other way around, how would they feel. I was told that's different. Women mature faster than men so it's ok for young girls to go out with older guys. I continued to go back to what I was doing before they were too loud and just white noised them out of my brain.

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    ... if I was still with that lady today she would be 50 to my 36. ****. That. ****! :eek::eek::eek:

Eugh! And when you're 60, ye'll both be too old for anyone but the perverted to fück!
    Icky.

I think in the long run for a long term happy relationship I think that an age gap can cause issues and also when it comes to marriage/babies people might want different things and do different things. That is why I be wary of getting into a relationship with a big age gap. Also when it comes to support and wanting a family as well be a big thing too. There is a timeframe to have kids also and it be a concern for me based on age of a partner and myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

OP you sir are a beast. I should jolly well report you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

grindle wrote: »
    He was old enough to be your dad!!!

I can surely say he wasn't . . .:pac: he had a big wallet and a bigger willy and brought me to switzerland and iceland on holidays. . we had a great time.. we both knew it wasn't serious.. now i'm married with 4 kids to a guy 3 years younger and i have my memories. . .:cool:

My husband's willy is bigger

cbyrd wrote: »
    My husband's willy is bigger

Just because he helped create them doesn't mean you can add your children's cock-size to his length.
    Tell the truth. A tumescent 3cm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i dont see the age gap as an issue for me... if you like someone age shouldnt matter.. just go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

i dont see the age gap as an issue for me... if you like someone age shouldnt matter.. just go for it.
    Are you Gary Glitter's defence lawyer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If you were a 17 year old guy and got off with a 24 year-old mot, half of the moralizers on this thread would be high-fiving you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

She's legal who cares ;) but if she's in a club or a pub the general consensus is, she's of age, and is able to make her own decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I want to track down whomever made up that tripe and shake them.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭puddinboxxx

I wasnt implying I wanted to go out with her or anythin,just wanted to hear the general opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Are you Gary Glitter's defence lawyer?

no if 2 consenting adults want to spend their lives together why should age come into it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Was with a 19 year-old when I was 31. Didn't see the problem myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I wasnt implying I wanted to go out with her or anythin,just wanted to hear the general opinion

Put it to you this way. If you had 17 year old sister, would you be at all bothered if she was seeing a 24 year old?

And dont say it would be none of your business because one way or the other you would have an opinion on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Wait one year but who cares really if you are both happy

I firmly agree with this formula/statement/equation! Works best for both worlds!

^
    |

Ugh! :eek:

I saw the ninja edit...something about smelling of cod!? :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

doovdela wrote: »
    ^
    |

Ugh! :eek:

I saw the ninja edit...something about smelling of cod!? :/

Well spotted. Been more than one though ;):D

The mods are legends, great sense of humour.

ha ha ha you got rid of your second message! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭BlueSmoker

I not sure if age should really matter between consenting adults, I do think it becomes more excepted by society the older the couple with the big age difference are.

When I was 18 I went out with a 24 year old
    When I was 22 I went out with a very mature 17 year old (she was definitely more worldly than me)
    When I was 24 I was going out with a 21 year old (lost virginity here)
    When I was 28 I was going out with a 23 year old( again more worldly than me)
    When I was 36 I was going out with a 24 year old (She just thought she knew more of the world :) )
    When I was 38 I was going out with a 42 year old. (she definitly knew more of the world)
    When I was 40 I was going out with a 29 year old (equal par)
    When I was 41 I was going out with a 41 year old (equal par)

My point is that all of those people where and are special to me, but a lot of the time we weren't actually focusing on age difference (infact we never did), we were more focusing on making it work, each of them where from a 2 month to a 5 year relationship. So age wouldn't be anything I would be concerned in a relationship, compatibility I would be :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

ha ha ha you got rid of your second message! :pac:

First post. Those damn ninja editors :pac:

Ya but the question is who are you more compatible and on par with more likely be someone of the same age, nearer in age or similar calibre of maturity regardless of age! You could be a mature 17 year old and an immature 24 year old or be on par on maturity and interests and so on be an mature 24 year old, immature 17 year old, or mature 24 year old and immature 31 year old, mature 31 year old an 24 year old and be immature!?

On rate of maturity and interests and compatibly are on par with that person though stage of life and how you get on with them wanting different/similar things has more of a bearing than just liking and fancying them that whether or not they are worldly or experienced/not experienced.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,337 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I firmly agree with this formula/statement/equation! Works best for both worlds!

I think that people generally agree with this sentiment if the age gap is still relatively small, i.e. single digits. However if I was to halve my age and add 7 it could still leave a gap of up to 15 years, which many people would class as far too big.

Thankfully I don't really care what they think, and in 3 weeks time I'll be marrying a woman 18 years younger than me. I genuinely don't think I could ever be happier with anyone else, so as far as I'm concerned mathematical formulas to decide what's appropriate are a load of codswallop. If you're both happy with the situation and with each other, then screw what anyone else thinks and go enjoy yourselves.

• Advertisement
Advertisement