Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Age gap...

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Half your age, plus or minus whatever it takes to get to 17. Women are at their best from 17-20. All downhill after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Half your age, plus or minus whatever it takes to get to 17. Women are at their best from 17-20. All downhill after that.

Ha! Definitely not in my case. Depends on your taste I suppose. Anywho...

When I was 17, I went out with a guy who was 24. We did get on well but I always felt out of my depth. Thought I was the dog's bollocks going out with an older fella. I was still at school and he was working. I hated going out with his mates as I felt completely lost in their banter. I was a lot more inexperienced than him in every way (I lied about how much experience I had when and he was my first...but he didn't know it) and in the end, it didn't work out. Not to say it can't work as sometimes 17 year olds can be wise before their years but not in my case tbh. At 17 generally speaking, you're still quite childish (I know there's exceptions). Many girls and guys act older than they might be feeling. I think at that age every year makes a difference. Even at 19 I was a bit more copped on.

And I remember he thought my braces were a turn on...which is a little bit...maybe creepy is too strong a word but...

My boyfriend now is 10 years older than me and I feel maturer than him in many ways. In some ways, I don't but generally speaking, I feel were on an even keel. The one thing I'd be concerned about is kids. I'd like a few and funny enough, even though I'm 32 and the auld biological clock is ticking, I still have a few more years and could even wait 'till my late 30s (my sisters had their kids in their late 30s) I;d ideally not like my kids to have an oldish dad. We're only together just over a year so I suppose we wouldn't be having kids for a few more years and he'll be in his mid to late 40s. My dad was 40 when I was born and I always felt I missed out on what my siblings had. Just a thought and I suppose it's something I have to acknowledge and settle for. Besides from those kinds of things, I don't see a problem as long as you get along and you feel you both wear a leg of the pants...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I think this was covered before but Im not sure but what do ye make of big age gaps between Men and women???
    I ask cos i was out last sunday nite and I ended up smoochin(just smoochin) a 17 year old and Im 24
    I dunno whether to turn myself into the cops for bein a pedo or be happy cos she was dayum hot

did you get her number?

She may need you to babysit her this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭puddinboxxx

Seems fairly even so far..is it possible to add a poll to this thread?
    1 pedo
    2 grass on the pitch-play ball
    3 atari jaguar
    4 all of the above

Cheers whoever done that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Suuuurreeeee....
    Anyone wanna smell his fingers???

Seriously, that is so wrong!!!!

Just found this and hafta say I got a laugh outa it
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056497094

Look at reply number 41 :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

My long term boyfriend is nearly 10 years my junior.

When we got to the serious stage I did worry about it, what others thought, etc. But I hardly ever think about our age difference anymore. I love him and he loves me and that's all that matters.

i hope your not 20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I don't see what difference an age gap makes once a couple are happy. I'm 41, my fiancée is 26, we've been together four years and couldn't be happier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Retarded poll.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Retarded poll.
    Cool story bro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Also OP, if she told you she was 17 she was probably lying.....

yeah, another Ladyboy is my guess...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

My ex was 8 years older than me, not an issue.

My Dad is 62 and his girlfriend is 31. I am 30........ weird but he is happy so thats all that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Supercell wrote: »
    I'm 41, my wife is 27, we are married two years now with a new baba and couldn't be happier.
    I suppose I'm immature :)

you couldn't be happier ya mean, she could be with a fit -30 year old
    cbyrd wrote: »
    I can surely say he wasn't . . .:pac: he had a big wallet and a bigger willy

I'm concerned you knew he had a bigger willy than your da

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Looks like Im in the clear so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

I don't know what sort of women you've been encountering, but I think that's b.s. I'm in my mid-20s and most 17-20-year-olds I've come across seem 'childish' to me - what I mean is that they might be articulate and all that, but they always seem unmistakeably young/not fully developed to me, so I just can't see them as proper women.

Any woman around the Katy Perry/Cheryl Cole/Kelly Brook/Shakira sort of age range is perfect, as far as I'm concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't know what sort of women you've been encountering, but I think that's b.s. I'm in my mid-20s and most 17-20-year-olds I've come across seem 'childish' to me - what I mean is that they might be articulate and all that, but they always seem unmistakeably young/not fully developed to me, so I just can't see them as proper women.

Any woman around the Katy Perry/Cheryl Cole/Kelly Brook/Shakira sort of age range is perfect, as far as I'm concerned.
    Good points but better off not feeding... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

grindle wrote: »
    Judging from friends and workmates of both sexes, it's fine for the youngsters to go for oldies, but not the other way around.
    A girls I'm working with now gave shït to one of her friends (20 year old) for shagging some 36 year old "perv".

"Were you not tellin' me last week that you were going out with a 35 year old when you were 17?"

Deaf. Ears.

The situation could NOT have been more different. I just didn't understand, apparently.

Back of the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

cowzerp wrote: »
    you couldn't be happier ya mean, she could be with a fit -30 year old
    I've been with a few guys in their 40s since I was 25/26 - found their maturity attractive. Once they're not really overweight, couldn't care less about how "fit" they are.

Im really amazed by some of the age gaps mentioned here,but Its good that people arent afraid to be with someone and not care about the circumstances

• Advertisement
Advertisement