Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cappuccino Machine Maker Recommendations?

Options
  • 25-05-2012 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭

Could anyone recommend a good coffee/cappuccino/latte/espresso/maker?

Spotted this one in the shop today and seen the coffee same brand selling in grocery shops as well.

NescafeCoffeeMachineMaker

Any advice on the above coffee machine maker or recommend any other one within budget €90-500 aprox?

How do you find them and are they worth the money?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Try the BA requests forum instead.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Nespresso regularly give a €50 coffee voucher away with a machine.

It might be a bit pricey per cup at home in comparison to instant, filter etc, but I think it works out better than a giant jar of brown dust that passes for coffee.

The pods come in a variety of strengths and limited release flavoured ones too. Even the decaf is good. I think the copyright on this or similar machines is about to expire so the pods will be available cheaper soon.

The purists might argue, but it's a consistent cup of coffee and you can buy a nifty little gizmo with it to make cappucinos etc.

I've had the super deluxe espresso steam and froth jobbie but I wouldn't bother with it now.

Check out Brown Thomas for offers. They give free cups of coffee in-store too (there's one for the freebie list).

• Registered Users Posts: 29 worthyone

I have a DeLongi Magnifica (it cost about £300 but got it from the UK as it was much cheaper - had it delivered to relatives there) & it is the best piece of kitchen equipment I have ever bought! love it. Simple to use & makes great coffee. It is "a bean to cup" type machine so no messing! Look at the reviews on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

worthyone wrote: »
    I have a DeLongi Magnifica (it cost about £300 but got it from the UK as it was much cheaper - had it delivered to relatives there) & it is the best piece of kitchen equipment I have ever bought! love it. Simple to use & makes great coffee. It is "a bean to cup" type machine so no messing! Look at the reviews on Amazon.

Yep have to agree. Ive the DeLonghi Perfecta myself and having had many different makers over the years this is by far the best. little things like being to take out the press and clean it is a godsend as that is why most fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

I just got the one out of lidl and it works fine, but at the same time after using it for a year I think i need something a bit better

Would the De'Longhi be able to make a flat white exactly like the one in costa?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

I just got the one out of lidl and it works fine, but at the same time after using it for a year I think i need something a bit better

I have a morphy richards coffee maker from glen dimplex. Irish owned company! Buy irish etc!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

it'll be at the upper end of your budget, but id recommend the rancilio silvia. i bought one three years ago from ristretto (http://www.ristrettocoffee.com/) in co.down, and its used several times a day since.
    its also available (i found out later) from j.b.darboven in dun laoghaire(http://www.jjdarboven.ie/). slightly more expensive, but you dont have to think about it being fecked around in the back of a couriers van!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Tess Tickle

If your up north at all go to junction 51 outlet centre near ballymena.
    I bought a Gaggia machine up there ,display model for 99 sterling.
    Does,cappucino,espresso,latte,americano.
    Remember its the coffee you use that determines the taste,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep! If you use the same beans as them it tastes the very same on all good machines.

Advertisement