Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Treyvon Martin

• 25-05-2012 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Just saw a friend of mine post one of those poxy facebook statuses PLZ LIKE AND SHARE TO CURE CANCER BLAH BLAH BLAH, this one was about Trayvon Martin.
    The evidence shows he probably was not nearly as it seems. First, his twitter handle, "no_limits_nigga" speaks for itself a bit, especially taking into account his profile pics make look, well, less tha friendly. IMO you can't accuse someone of being a racist if they use the word ******, nigga, coon or whatever against someone who uses them.
    They're offensive, or they're not. Secondly, there is no evidence that the attack was racially motivated and the black community just jumped on the band wagon of racism.The media showed pictures that were years old, and THEY WHITENED HIS SKIN. Yes, they enhanced the photos to make him look less black, to elicit more sympathy from the douchey facebook teenager. And where's the evidence the attack was a race crime?
    That one was black, the other hispanic? Nope. Minorities do it all over when they don't get what they want or they feel they are being abused. However, I'd like to say, if I went to Nigeria, I would be the minority.

Minority doesn't mean black, hispanic, asian, whatever. But these are usually the people who do it (actually now I think, white people do it just as much, if they're foreign or of a different religion). The night of the attack, Martin was seen hopping fences in a neighbourhood he wasn't recognised in, at night, with his hood up. Martin follows him. IMO at this point, Zimmerman is the good guy.

But a disagreement occured, which resulted in Martin's death. I don't believe for a second the blatant lie by the extremist african-americans that Martin was innocently enjoying an evening stroll and Zimmerman murdered him. If so, why was Zimmerman injured and dirty? Why were they seen fighting on the ground? (according to the witness, the figure of Martin's stature was on top)
    Would a shooting from afar not be far more convenient in a murder? I personally think it's bullshít and so is that facebook shíte. My ma jut survived breast cancer and I will ever EVER like any of those retarded pages to do with cancer, as US marine put it very well on a similar post about killed soldiers, these people don't want to show their support, the want to show they're showing their support, to their friends to show off how caring they "really" are. What are your opinions on the Trayvon Martin case?And I think I know them already but share your thoughts on these fúcking stupid facebook posts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I'm now afraid to buy skittles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Is this about Treyvon Martin or Facebook posts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I read about as much as I cared to of that. It was racially motivated, and you'd have to be crazy enough to post a rambling incoherent mess to believe it.

• Advertisement

mod

Actually, you know what? You've got about 10 mins to provide some credible links to back up the claims made in your OP or I'm just going to close this thread.

/mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

The facebook posts are idiotic.

And the Trayvon Martin case is probably not exactly how the media initially portrayed it. You could have phrased your argument a little better though, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

The media wanted it to be a racist murder and changed some things such as the photo to suit their headline.
    The police should have arrested Zimmermann, even if it later emerged to have been self-defence; they had no way to know that at the scene.
    People posting on facebook will see a cause and run with it. Make up a story and see how many eejits repost it... then delete said eejits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Is this about Treyvon Martin or Facebook posts?

Pretty sure it's about cancer's link to mothers in the military.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

What the **** did you just ****ing say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the **** out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my ****ing words. You think you can get away with saying that **** to me over the Internet? Think again, ****er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re ****ing dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little ****. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your ****ing tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ****ing dead, kiddo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

The evidence shows he probably was not nearly as it seems. First, his twitter handle, "no_limits_nigga" speaks for itself a bit, especially taking into account his profile pics make look, well, less tha friendly.

He talks the talk and looks a bit rough. So he deserved to die ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

What's been reported, and how it's been reported in this incident isn't all what it seems. The OP may appear 'incoherent' but there are nuggets of truth in what he is saying.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-04-08/news/sns-rt-us-usa-florida-shooting-nbcbre83609u-20120407_1_nbc-news-reuters-network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

So the guy was shot dead by cancer ? Well I'll be damned, we better get some likes on this fast if we're gonna have any chance. Fcuk it ya know what lets go for the heavy artillery on this one, lets get some shares on this too, best not to take chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I think I must have entered another dimension, I can't understand anything that's going on here tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

.SONIC. wrote: »
    I will **** fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re ****ing dead, kiddo.

This is from Duke Nukem, yeah?

Locked.

If anyone actually does want to discuss this case, may I suggest starting a new thread with links to back up any claims one way or another? This one was a load of old balls from the outset, tbh.

Please like this to save cancer, etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement