Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should the "opposiing" solicitor be talking to me?

• 25-05-2012 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,326 ✭✭✭✭

A few weeks ago I was served with a witness summons by the plaintiff's solicitor to appear at a sitting of the circuit court. The evening before the court case the defendant's solicitor phoned me and spent some time discussing the "issue" and during that call he even give the phone to the defendants son (defendant is elderly) to talk to me so as I could convey my recollections to him.

At the start of the call he was suggesting that I might be able to help them and if I wasn't busy maybe I could attend the court. When I advised that I would be in attendance in any event due to being summoned by the plaintiff's solicitor he said that maybe he shouldn't be talking to me to which I told him I didn't mind as I couldn't help them out regardless of whether I was summonsed or not. All in all he spent 20 - 25 minutes talking to me.

As it turned out the case was adjourned and now likely to be heard in July but my question is should that solicitor have made contact with me at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭mrjoneill

No proprietorship of a witness. It’s your choice.

Advertisement