Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You guys ever in this position?

• 26-05-2012 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Like, you into a girl, and for some crazy reason, you think she might like you back but then inevitably, she don't feel the same. I've crushed on 3 girls proper, and all 3 of em' are just like 'oh he's my friend':rolleyes:
    Its like wtf, you start to think what's wrong with you? what am i doing wrong?
    You think to yourself, I'm a good looking dude, but then reality hits!! obviously much worse problems but even still, I guess this is a pretty big first world problem
    Feeling low guys :(
    But like, how you overcome the insecurities brought about by this is what I wanna know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

That sounds fairly missionary impossible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Belieber
    /thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Jesus Christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

What part of the Bronx are you in, OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

More personal issue, but just how am feeling guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Don't despair, try harder, she might feel the same way, girls play hard to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

And I was like baby, baby, baby, ooohhhh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Did you try writing her some poetry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

I know exactly.

Unrequited bloody love and you end up making a fool of yourself, chasing her and tracking her down to a log cabin where she's hooked up with some hunky doctor type.

Not me, Kirby in St Elmo's Fire - sure women love me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

The Ian Beale of Boards.

• Advertisement

The dude from Eastenders? He has a new girlfriend/wife everytime I tune in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I reckon you should ask your homies for advice on this one dawg

mishkalucy wrote: »
    I reckon you should ask your homies for advice on this one dawg

But they be sayin' shït gets real with HadesHazard, I mean, YO, what's the dealy-deal, y'feel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

never say never

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

You could try using the word "like" less inappropriately.

The women that you do like might think that you don't like them in the same way that they understand the usage of the word Like.

Sometimes it's like a jungle out there.

humberklog wrote: »
    Sometimes it's, like, a jungle out there.

Silly sausage.

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Like, you into a girl, and for some crazy reason, you think she might like you back
    That only happens in movies

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Like omg Liek.

grindle wrote: »
    But they be sayin' shït gets real with HadesHazard, I mean, YO, what's the dealy-deal, y'feel?

I reks tha beyatch be trippin, you de foshizzle bro

Domo230 wrote: »
    lol friendzoned.

Sux to be you.

Wut r dz? :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I hope this gets put to him during the Euros, by Dumphy or Okey-doke.
    Hopefully they'll all black up and get those hats with dreds, good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I thought this thread was going to be about kinky sex positions.

I won't lie OP, I'm disappointed. Thoroughly disappointed :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

You wouldn't be from south dublin by any chance? I can sum it up for you, women want primordial forces of nature, like me. Not some well read emo babba like you ^ ^.
    Women like a bastard, not a well read bastard unless it's hello magazine. Do not try to understand a woman (not worth it, they're simple creatures), just be manly and they'll flock to you, case in point? me, my current bird had to leave dublin cos of you emo thrash and find a real tough loving man (me) in cork.

Oh and don't call your dog Byron or Shelly or some other twatt reference. Dundrum is full of you losers, man up and less QQ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

You wouldn't be from south dublin by any chance? I can sum it up for you, women want primordial forces of nature, like me. Not some well read emo babba like you ^ ^.
    Women like a bastard, not a well read bastard unless it's hello magazine. Do not try to understand a woman (not worth it, they're simple creatures), just be manly and they'll flock to you, case in point? me, my current bird had to leave dublin cos of you emo thrash and find a real tough loving man (me) in cork.

Oh and don't call your dog Byron or Shelly or some other twatt reference. Dundrum is full of you losers, man up and less QQ.

Oh my!
    This post is all wrong.
    All wrong!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

You should be more honest. Me, I'm totally aware of what a goofy looking accidental-asshole I am. When you make the realisation that you're not good looking and have the personality of a grumpy rabbit, life and the tribulations of the relationships becomes a lot easier to make sense of.

Still pretty crap, though.

I hope this gets put to him during the Euros, by Dumphy or Okey-doke.
    Hopefully they'll all black up and get those hats with dreds, good times.

Same. This is what he deserves, for, like, liking, a, like, girl, like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭BlueSmoker

Like, you into a girl, and for some crazy reason, you think she might like you back but then inevitably, she don't feel the same. I've crushed on 3 girls proper, and all 3 of em' are just like 'oh he's my friend':rolleyes:
    You think to yourself, I'm a good looking dude, but then reality hits!! obviously much worse problems but even still, I guess this is a pretty big first world problem
    But like, how you overcome the insecurities brought about by this is what I wanna know?

It sucks and blows big time and in all the wrong places, ok I'm guessing you are around 18/19/20/21.

Goodnews is don't change yourself for them, be their friends (if you want to be), but don't let that stop you from presueing your own interests and getting better at what you enjoy, eg better yourself for yourself.

BadNews is exactly the same as the goodnews.

Continue to be yourself and continue to be, some people have ideals at this age (like I did) that has them so focused on their dreams, that they can't see what they have right under their noses.

As John Lennon said "Life is what happens, while you are planning everything else"

He was so right : ) good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

You're still young OP, and though it might be hard to imagine, I'm sure you'll look back at things like this and laugh in the future.

Just take it easy, and don't overthink things. Just relax, and try not to focus on how you're seen by others. Try not to think too much about being successful or otherwise with women: don't even think in those terms. Try to just interact normally with everyone without worrying about what they'll think of you, romantically or otherwise.

You'll find yourself more confident and relaxed, and probably more attractive as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Is this what prompted the 'forever alone' thread during the week? It'll pass EH, your heart will belong to another in a matter of weeks.

And if that doesn't work you should definitely think about giving up the daft looking pants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

me, my current bird had to leave dublin cos of you emo thrash and find a real tough loving man (me) in cork.

One Dub flattened half of the Cork team by himself.

Tough men in Cork. lol

Oh no...........

you are missing out on all of the women who love a sneaky geek...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Putting a post like this in AH is like ehm, throwing a lad who's just been rejected by 3 birds in to a fight near the 40 foot.

My suggestion is, and its worked for me plenty of times, w*nk about her and at the point of ejaculation cry out her name with all your might. Then fall to your knees with hysterical, lower lip quivering sadness of the weighty truth of life that this may be as good as it ever gets.

Then get up, dust yourself off and google buddhism.

Is this what prompted the 'forever alone' thread during the week? It'll pass EH, your heart will belong to another in a matter of weeks.

And if that doesn't work you should definitely think about giving up the daft looking pants.

No, I don't get easily taken in, but when I do, boy do I get taken in.

Don't hate on the jeans, they're swaggy.

Ah I dunno, its more my insecurities that make me down about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

I'd say make your interest more readable from the outset so they will either stick around because they are interested in ya or they will scarper quick fast cos they think your creepy and your touching them n stuff.

Works fine for me, any day now one of em will stick around and then I'll be well in. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Also, I recommend getting drunk and seeing how long you can stay that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Don't hate on the jeans, they're swaggy

You do realise you are Irish, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

No, I don't get easily taken in, but when I do, boy do I get taken in.

Don't hate on the jeans, they're swaggy.

You'll find someone, don't be fretting. We all get our hearts broken, it's part of life.

Have also looked up this 'swaggy' term in the interests of research:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=swaggy

Do you mean that the pants are like a massively hairy bush (female)?. Again, they may be leading you to give off the wrong signals to your potential ladyloves.

Bitches be crazy etc.

IrishAm wrote: »
    You do realise you are Irish, right?

Tá an bríste géine swagíseach?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It's the friendzone thing as much as I hate that phrase. It's a tough one, don't let it get you down.

Always find when you aren't actively looking for a girlfriend they're like Dublin Bus! 2/3 come along at once and isn't that a great thing! ;)

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Ah dont worry about it OP. Its not that big a deal that this girl thinks of you as a silly big harmless eunuch that she could never have romantic notions about.

And the other 2 girls you mentioned probably thought the same.

well they're all backstabbers anyway, everytime this happens I get colder and colder. Theres only so much my heart can take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Theres only so much my heart can take.

And you were like:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

well they're all backstabbers anyway.

What they're saying about you to other people is probably true. You might be freaking them out more than you realise and more than they are comfortable enough to tell you about personally.

It's a very odd statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

More personal issue, but just how am feeling guys.

Try this forum.:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement