Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tablet pc issues

Options
  • 26-05-2012 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Howdy,

Bought a tablet pc last Sunday and have had a few problems with it. I went for a cheaper model....although still has a good track record from the review sites!

Basically it's shut down a few times while carrying out simple functions like browsing the net or watching YouTube, it also doesnt seem to take 100% charge either (max went to was 73%)!

While I've realised I should have splashed out abit more for a better brand, if I return it, am I only entitled to a replacement (potentially another lemon) and would it be possible to spend the extra and get a better brand?

I bought the tablet in car phone warehouse which seem pretty good but not sure if they stock iPads if I choose to upgrade from the lemon!

Any advice appreciated :)

Niallu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Sounds like a software problem more than a fault, though its a pain in the a55. The not charging could be fixed by full discharge followed by a 24 hour charge while the unit is swithed off. If its still only 70percent after that there may be a problem. So i think there would have to be something more wrong with it for them to refund the item, but try get back to them asap if there is a fault as i think they refund in the first 28days for a faulty unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

There is no obligation for them to refund within a set number of days but within a reasonable time so as the above poster has stated don't delay!

On the charge - did you do as the manula tells you in regard to the battery? Probably a full 8 - 24 charge before using the product?

No matter if it's a cheaper brand or not the thing should work properly. People into PCs will frequently buy cheaper brands becuase the build a repuation for relaibility. There can be a number of reasons why something is cheaper or more expensive. Take Dell - some of the most expensive and cheaply made crap on the market when it comes to desktops.

You rightly did your research - try and give it a full charge and if you get no joy get it back to the seller.

Advertisement