Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I tried to kill a fly in my room twice, I think he deserves to live now

• 26-05-2012 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

As I just pointed out, he/she managed to escape assassination attempts on his life, he is how free to fly around in this room, but his name will be Percy, that honour is part of his contract to life in this room, the windows always open :)

Where would you draw the line of assassinating something and allowing them to become friend, rather than foe, either in a dealing with humans or animals (in the general term of course). eg when do you start becoming compassionate about a thing? And away we go :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

When I ride it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

enjoy when he starts buzzing around your ears when you're asleep

i'd never give up til he's brown bread

now i don't have a problem cos i got a net thingy over the window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I don't feel that way if it is an insect in my home. Hate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Big mistake OP, he'll slit your throat first chance he gets. I'd finish the job if I was you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I'v a few spiders around the place, Don't mind them at all as they can sort out any flies that make their way in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

You made a thread about a fly? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,308 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Had that problem too. Thought I killed him with a belt of an underpants.
    But he must have recovered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

I'm glad you knew when you were out smarted. Some people actually kill themselves trying to kill flies until they find themselves face down, strewn across a smashed fish tank, guts, glass and flopping fish everywhere, wide eyed and lifeless EXCEPT...The Fly!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

charlemont wrote: »
    I'v a few spiders around the place, Don't mind them at all as they can sort out any flies that make their way in.

I went down to get a drink a few minutes ago and there was a massive bastard on the kitchen wall. We were staring each other down like a scene in a western film. He won, I ran from the kitchen and screamed like a girl the whole way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Mc Fly...is that you???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Chamone MF

maybe we're all like flies in our own human way. we spend our lives bashing our heads off an invisible screen we can't perceive in the hopes of obtaining what we see. obsessed with going in the one direction, if we'd only step back and see the real opening we would be set free.
    a fly can't distinguish the complexities around it, yet it too is a sentient being like us, what is in reality which we too can't perceive or hope to understand. the fly knows only what can fit in its tiny mind, there are minds many hundreds of times greater and deeper than its own.
    what was the question again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Throw up an ol' picture of Percy, Get him drunk or high.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

OP don't ever join the SWAT team :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

BlueSmoker wrote: »
    As I just pointed out, he/she managed to escape assassination attempts on his life, he is how free to fly around in this room, but his name will be Percy, that honour is part of his contract to life in this room, the windows always open :)

More often than not, so is your mouth when you fall asleep. Like this..:eek: but with your eyes closed.

Percy, or not Percy, when it's gone in the morning you won't know whether you swallowed it or it went out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Spray bottle with soapy water. Best advice ever. Sticks the bastards wings together. Easy. One spray and they're history.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Chamone MF

Hot Lips wrote: »
    when it's gone in the morning you won't know whether you swallowed it or it went out the window.

uuh huhhuhhuh uh huhhuhhuh

- he hehe he

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭BlueSmoker

I can't belief the replies I got to this thread, so I broken my heart laughing at, very much AH. Percy is now dead, he thought it would be save if I gave him a name, and started to be a pet, until I killed him about 30 minutes ago.

Percy the fly you where very obviously loved for about an hour, and fame came to you through boards.ie RIP and I'm turly sorry :(

I'm the opposite of the OP, if two slaps isn't enough for them to **** off then they don't deserve to live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

When you have a wingmirror spider called...eh...Spidey and choke when you forget about "her" after the carwash has been done,then you'll understand when foe becomes friend.

Everyday for 7 weeks she painstakingly rebuilt her web in the corner of my wingmirror....and in one stupid Topaz powerwashing moment...gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Where/when's the funeral?

Just so I can dance on his grave - I really hate flies!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

enjoy when he starts buzzing around your ears when you're asleep

i'd never give up til he's brown bread

now i don't have a problem cos i got a net thingy over the window

Tell us more of this "net thingy"..

FanadMan wrote: »
    Where/when's the funeral?

Just so I can dance on his grave - I really hate flies!!!!

You just missed it "Petra 2011 - 2012, RIP" she was female, I miss her now, never take your flies/people for granted :) it was her last wish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

I can't belief the replies I got to this thread, so I broken my heart laughing at, very much AH. Percy is now dead, he thought it would be save if I gave him a name, and started to be a pet, until I killed him about 30 minutes ago.

Percy the fly you where very obviously loved for about an hour, and fame came to you through boards.ie RIP and I'm turly sorry :(

That's psychopathic. You named him, befriended him, became attached to him, performed together in a montage detailing your friendship and then you casually kill him. :eek:

Hot Lips wrote: »
    More often than not, so is your mouth when you fall asleep. Like this..:eek: but with your eyes closed.

Percy, or not Percy, when it's gone in the morning you won't know whether you swallowed it or it went out the window.

I miss Percy now, I hear all the neighbors, cutting the grass and having their kids help, taking there dogs for a walk and waving in and saying "Hello". Percy I should have being more patient with you, but you where annoying little fecker last night. I still miss you though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Set your spider on it.

realies wrote: »
    Set your spider on it.

My Spider is full from the other little annoying feckers that I never gave a name too.

Aren't you John, **Strokes spider on knee, in 1970's attire** whoops sorry about the lose of your leg their mate. Sure it will grow back, won't it???????

**starts sweating**:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

A shotgun works well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭someuser905

all spiders must die on sight, even the little ones

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Hardly any insects left . Stephens Green should be teeming with butterflies bees etc. but there's hardly any left .The countryside should be alive with songbirds and insects but it's almost barren like there's been a nuclear war .It's desolate out there and i sometimes feel even daylight does'nt look normal anymore .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

I am a little terrified of you OP. You stabbed poor Percy in the back. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Where would you draw the line of assassinating something and allowing them to become friend, rather than foe, either in a dealing with humans or animals (in the general term of course). eg when do you start becoming compassionate about a thing? And away we go :)
    If violence doesn't work, you aren't using enough of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Death to flies but I'll leave spiders.

If a spider has not moved in two days he's deemed a lazy spider and killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

paddyandy wrote: »
    Hardly any insects left . Stephens Green should be teeming with butterflies bees etc. but there's hardly any left .The countryside should be alive with songbirds and insects but it's almost barren like there's been a nuclear war .It's desolate out there and i sometimes feel even daylight does'nt look normal anymore .

...jesus dude... go easy.

Look, here's a kitten in a shoe.
    http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_265/1209887061G53x0y.jpg

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    I am a little terrified of you OP. You stabbed poor Percy in the back. :eek:

Seriously it wasn't me, he crashed into the computer screen, he confused 2 dimensions, for 3 dimensions. Of course I was trying to teach him the basics at the time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

I had a spider that used to come out from a crack above the toilet and watch me every time I went for a piss. Bit weird at the start but I soon grew to love him and named him George Michael.

One day he never came out again.

I lost a little bit of myself that day.

• Advertisement

I had a spider that used to come out from a crack above the toilet and watch me every time I went for a piss. Bit weird at the start but I soon grew to love him and named him George Michael.

One day he never came out again.

I lost a little bit of myself that day.

I can't even like that, it's too sad RIP George Michael, from this post I've lost a bit of myself through starting this thread :(

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

So in other words.. You got lazy and came the the decision that not trying = better?

My parents always told me that if I didn't keep trying at something(usually school) I'd die in the middle of the night.

So yeah.. Don't give up.

An0n wrote: »
    So in other words.. You got lazy and came the the decision that not trying = better?

My parents always told me that if I didn't keep trying at something(usually school) I'd die in the middle of the night.

So yeah.. Don't give up.

Oddly enough I'm still a life too **High five** laziness doesn't kill the sleepier :) next myth busting theory please :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Theres no escape for flies here. I have an electric tennis racket type yoke for the basterds. Great fun.

The "Agassi" of insect assassination if you will;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

It's a different fly each time, they are all brothers.

Have you never seen The Prestige?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

You should get 200 spiders and 200 flys, let them loose in a room together and watch the slaughter mwahahahahaha!!!

Or just open the window. If they get really annoying I'll catch them and toss em out the window. "Don't you come round here again!" style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Tell us more of this "net thingy"..

ah its just a bit of velcro around the window frame with a piece if net stuck to it

works wonders

something like this

http://www.noentrybug.net/images/images/noentrybug_customer_demo_window.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Flash (with fabreeze works best) dudes

It magically disables their wings turning flies into 'walks' and .... BANG, a rolled up newspaper right in the wazoo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

gammygils wrote: »
    Had that problem too. Thought I killed him with a belt of an underpants.
    But he must have recovered.

Maybe the bang off an old pair might work better.

You should get 200 spiders and 200 flys, let them loose in a room together and watch the slaughter mwahahahahaha!!!

Or just open the window. If they get really annoying I'll catch them and toss em out the window. "Don't you come round here again!" style.

Have they not just knocked on your door, to let themselves back in, at this stage John (the spider) has a key, and I was about to give Percy (the fly) one to, but then he annoyed me and crap happened. I have to say it was very emotional for both of us :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It kind of reminds me of that bit in Saving Private Ryan where they let the German POW back to his platoon... Actually ... no it doesnt really..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I made friends with a spider in my room once. I called him Sparky and used to feed him biscuit crumbs. He was lovely looking, all legs and fat polka dot body. Then he ventured into the window frame one fateful day and my father came in and slammed the window shut, killing Sparky and breaking my 15 year old heart :(

RIP Sparky. Every time I see a dirty rampant bluebottle being mercilessly devoured by a spider, I think of you....

Advertisement