Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pay money off bill weekly? (direct debit)

Options
  • 26-05-2012 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi there,

I pay my bills through direct debit and I'm.just wondering is it ok to pay something weekly in post office off the coming bill?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi jc11,

Absolutely, there is nothing stopping you lodging payments against forthcoming bills, even if it is to be collected by direct debit. The only thing to bear in mind is that payments would need to have been received at least 6 working days prior to the direct debit collection date, otherwise the amount as stated on the bill would be collected in full.

To give an example, if you pay €80 towards your bill in the weeks before it issues, and the bill is for usage equaling €100, the bill would then issue for €20. If you were then to pay that €20 a couple of days before it is due to be collected by direct debit, the direct debit would still collect it.

If you have any further questions just give us a shout.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement