Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics experiment predictions 2012

• 26-05-2012 8:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

So anyone heard any predictions for this Exam. Last perdictions all came up for me:D but still repeated:(
    :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Can I piggyback on your question and ask if measurement of velocity or measurement of acceleration ever came up?I don't remember seeing them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

I reckon pendulum, joules law, conservatio. of momentum and some heat one! But anything really could come up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

What's the best way to revise the experiments? atm I'm just going through the exam edge questions and solutions book and learning all the experiments from each chapter. each chapter has 1 or 2 experiments associated with it, experiments that have never come up on the paper aren't in it, so it kinda narrows it down. The way I study them is to write them out but that's while time consuming, anyone know a better way to study them?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Wicklowleaid

Measurement of velocity and acceleration have never came up, at higher level they would be far too simple. The only way I could see of toughening them up to make a full question by combining the two experiments which is unheard of. As regards predictions laws of equilibrium for the metre stick or pendulum for Q1. Q2 and 3. Speed of sound in air, measurement of specific heat capacity, focal length of concave mirror, sonometer or wavelength of monochromatic light. Q4. Joule's Law or variation of resistance for a metallic conductor. Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Measurement of velocity and acceleration have never came up, at higher level they would be far too simple. The only way I could see of toughening them up to make a full question by combining the two experiments which is unheard of. As regards predictions laws of equilibrium for the metre stick or pendulum for Q1. Q2 and 3. Speed of sound in air, measurement of specific heat capacity, focal length of concave mirror, sonometer or wavelength of monochromatic light. Q4. Joule's Law or variation of resistance for a metallic conductor. Good Luck!

You sound confident. I'm just going to assume you wrote the paper and learn exactly what you predict.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Bump:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 insua

Hoping for a sound particle physics question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

If you see the word 'predictions' run for the hills, especially this year. Learn all of them. Theres only about 20, some are very similar, some are very easy (resistivity, Snell's Law).
    It's an easy enough 30%

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Cosmic.Postman

Yeah, I'd learn all of them. You could probably leave out last years' ones if you really wanted though. Stay away from predictions.

Advertisement