Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need alternations to a dress - is what i want done possible??

• 26-05-2012 9:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭

hey all.

Question for ye- i have a formal dress that is not fitting under arm where it zips up- about 3 inch where its looks very forced to close.

If i took the dress to a good dress maker would it be possible to add material maybe at either side of the zip so it would look better ?

im sure the problems would be getting a suitable material to match and also the colouring of the dress - but after this is it possible ??

(the dress is no longer in the shop so cant get another size.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

possible....

would there be enough fabric in the hem to take some out and make a piece for each side?

using the same fabric is the best thing to do but you'd have to show it to a dressmaker for their opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Nua

I'm in a similar situation 'cept my dress is not formal (for a summer wedding instead) . . . I was going to ask if I could get an exposed zip panel type thing added to the back to add a few inches - have had a look at a few dresses on netaporter.com & they have panels on side as part of design so if you wanna go that route should good also!

Advertisement