Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El hospital abandonado mas famoso de Madrid-España

• 26-05-2012 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Imponente, solitario y frio, es nuestra primera impresion.
    Lugubres pasillos, ventanas desvencijadas por el paso de los años. Medicamentos que no serviran de alivio tirados por los suelos, donde solo nuestros pasos rompen aquel silencio a muerte.

Sanatorio+de+la+Marina+1a.jpg

Sanatorio+de+la+Marina+4a.jpg

Sanatorio+de+la+Marina+7a.jpg

Sanatorio+de+la+Marina+6a.jpg

Sanatorio+de+la+Marina+9a.jpg

Sanatorio+de+la+Marina+8-Art.jpg
    Sanatorio+de+la+Marina+5-Art.jpg
    Sanatorio+de+la+Marina+1-Art.jpg

http://garajakania.blogspot.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

I quite like urbex myself but personally HDR has taken away rather added to good urbex shots. In many cases it washes out the highlights making it almost painful to look at. Just a thought it might be a good idea to translate what you actually said because I sure don't know and most people won't bother translating it themselves because they will figure the poster was too lazy.

Pretty sure I've seen these posted before on the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

it says: Awe, lonely and cold, is our first impression. Mournful halls, rickety windows by the passing years. Drugs that would serve as relief thrown on the floor, where only our steps break the silence of death.

op has posted some of them before, here.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Unfortunately this seems to be common place amongst urbexers (is that a word?). I cannot understand why they ruin perfectly good shots by HDR'ing them to the nth degree. Those places tend to be dark and dingy (I know, I've done a few) so there is no need to see all the detail in the shadows. I'd much rather see some mood and atmosphere portrayed - leave the corners dark and full of mystery........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Maybe it's me but I just don't get it :o

• Advertisement

Maybe it's me but I just don't get it

Just don't get what?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

I think urbex doesn't itself appeal to everyone because most people don't want to go into old buildings that are full of asbestos and other dangers. I did it for a few years and it was a lot of fun, there was the thrill of getting caught which happened many times but it was always a slap on the wrist. The risk of injury or damaging equipment is what eventually got
    me to stop. I remember the exact moment I said I'd had enough. We were scaling up Bolands Mill on an old rickety ladder with the wind howling, one gust almost sent me over so once I got to the top and had the shots I wanted that was it.

Thankfully we never had any serious injuries but it was only a matter of time, Pigeon House was also a fairly dangerous explore as the lower levels were seriously damaged. I don't know why HDR was adopted to be used on so many urbex shots, most places look better without it. Half of the time its not even true HDR from more than one exposure which makes it look even worse, I guess it depends on the type of place you are shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 808SOS

Unfortunately this seems to be common place amongst urbexers (is that a word?). I cannot understand why they ruin perfectly good shots by HDR'ing them to the nth degree. Those places tend to be dark and dingy (I know, I've done a few) so there is no need to see all the detail in the shadows. I'd much rather see some mood and atmosphere portrayed - leave the corners dark and full of mystery........

i agree - most HDR seems to be overkill and makes the image look like a cartoon like in #'s 6 & 7.

the images posted have great potential and maybe a rework of them would
    increase the mood of the location . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭bustercherry

Just don't get what?

Urbex, I really don't get a lot of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

For a lot of people urbexing is just another way to follow the herd. That's why there's so many horrible HDR shots. They can't see what they are doing and just copy other peoples photos. Same goes for the way they all use the old school gas masks. It's been done to death.
    As for these photos. The same guy posted them here before, with the same description. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76485672
    Obviously he justs trots them out on various forums without much more participation.

• Advertisement

Urbex, I really don't get a lot of it.

This is the photography forum and we're discussing images - not urbex and whether you get it or not. There is an urban exploration forum for that.

Advertisement